GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ask Detailer's Domain. Have a question ask us?

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
Let me know what's on your mind, how to apply something, tech questions on detailing?

I will try to answer it the best I can also welcome others to answer as well.

A great instructional video for newbies and veterans alike.

Adam's Instructional Videos

Updated - How to navigate - Detailer's Domain

Take a look you can do quite a bit on our site

Like Us on Facebook.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
What are your thoughts on Opticoat V2 vs Aquartz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
What are your thoughts on Opticoat V2 vs Aquartz?

they are both really great products and they do work.

what specifically did you want to know about them?

AXO

Go Kart Champion
What would you suggest using to clean and protect painted brake calibers! I would love something that would repel brake dust and easy cleaning. I have an open style wheel (VMR V710s) and I hatlodge look of a clean car with dirty brake calibers. My hands are to big to fit in between the spokes so it is a real PIA.

Thanks AXO :thumbsup:

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
they are both really great products and they do work.

what specifically did you want to know about them?

I've heard that Opticoat isn't as slick as Aquartz or any of the other nano type coatings, also that they are both prone to waterspots.
I park outside 24/7 and am looking for a way to keep my car cleaner. No garage means wash bay bucket washes and ONR washes if it's not too dirty.
My two coats of PL and 2 coats of AGHD are already wearing off after 2 months.

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
What would you suggest using to clean and protect painted brake calibers! I would love something that would repel brake dust and easy cleaning. I have an open style wheel (VMR V710s) and I hatlodge look of a clean car with dirty brake calibers. My hands are to big to fit in between the spokes so it is a real PIA.

Thanks AXO :thumbsup:

you can use the Wolf's Rims Shield or Opti Coat for the calipers.

this will help repel dust as well as ease up the maintenance on them.

Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner and a few good brushes (Wheel Woolies) would help clean them up.

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
I've heard that Opticoat isn't as slick as Aquartz or any of the other nano type coatings, also that they are both prone to waterspots.
I park outside 24/7 and am looking for a way to keep my car cleaner. No garage means wash bay bucket washes and ONR washes if it's not too dirty.
My two coats of PL and 2 coats of AGHD are already wearing off after 2 months.

Aquartz is slicker, however Opti Coat is more permanent.

I have seen some customers with Aquartz after 1 year 7 months and it still looks great no waterspots etc. I have seen Opti Coat it also does well against water spots.

either will definitely outlast the PL and AGHD.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
have you had any experience with CarPro CQaurtz? a Nick from Oakes Detailing in west chester seems to swear by it. Was wondering if you feel it has the same performance as an equivalent product..

fasteddy

Ready to race!
I feel a lot of small bumps/resistance/things stuck to the paint after I wash. I feel like if I ClayBar, it will just drag these particles and swirl the clear. What should I do to start removing these 'chunks' of whatever it is from the paint?

*They are stuck from after a wash with light pressure on a mitt

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
would using a claybar be a good method to try and remove a sap spot?