GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austin Area Owners

aco512

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey folks! I've just completed my first week as a GTI owner. Bought a 2011 2-door in black with the 6MT and only 23K miles. Loving it so far!

Not completely new to the platform as I bought my wife a 2014 Sportwagen TDI back in December.

Are there still any meetups going on in Austin? I saw there used to be one at Draught House.

Looking forward to the GTI experience!

-Adam
I've also spent some time with some of the Euro Austin Gruppe. You can find them on facebook. There's a few mk6 there and they meet up a few times a week.

Congrats on the purchase!

AW in a VW

Ready to race!
In in both groups. AEG is not a dedicated MK6 group but the guys and gals I met at a recent meetup were pretty cool. I'm looking forward to meeting the MK512 group one of these days even though their forum seems kinda dead.

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
I thought about the mk512 group..they have a bunch of rules and regulations and you have to pay a fee...I understand the fee because of the shirt etc ...I just dont have time for some of the mandatory meets etc.

anyway,

Does anyone know where to get 100 octane? ... I have tune for it on my car ..I was thinking after my newest tank runs out (on full now) I may fill up 100 and switch to 100 oct mode

Grizza

Ready to race!
Does anyone know where to get 100 octane? ... I have tune for it on my car ..I was thinking after my newest tank runs out (on full now) I may fill up 100 and switch to 100 oct mode

I got mine from:

Austin Performance
10716 N Lamar Blvd #A, Austin, TX 78753

very old school shop and so are the guys working there. Don't bother calling they never answer the phone. Just go in- make sure to bring your own can for gas.

Just a word to the wise- be careful running the 100 octane tune-- my car mk6 currently does not have a working motor...

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
I got mine from:

Austin Performance
10716 N Lamar Blvd #A, Austin, TX 78753

very old school shop and so are the guys working there. Don't bother calling they never answer the phone. Just go in- make sure to bring your own can for gas.

Just a word to the wise- be careful running the 100 octane tune-- my car mk6 currently does not have a working motor...

ok thanks and ouch...

i probably wont do it .. but just curious ..i had plenty of chances to before i left pittsburgh

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
I still have a few items for sale. If anyone wants them, let me know!:

CTS catted downpipe (CCTA) $300
Unibrace XB (Black) $250
Stock Springs Offer
Stock Dampers (8k miles) Offer
Stock F&R sway bars ($30 each)
TT Rear upper spring pads $20

marcelo929

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know of a reputable shop that can do the carbon cleaning? I called Brink but wanted to see if anyone else does it for a good price. Im in San Antonio so either ATX or SA is fine... or something close

spessx

Ready to race!
Does anyone have a set of Detroits for sale? Mine are getting pretty scratched up looking. PM me if you have a set for sale.

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone here have a Borla catback? I've been wanting to hear one in person, I'm thinking about getting a different one than my APR.

Eroc93

Ready to race!
How much should I be paying for dsg flush I have the fluids

aco512

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone available to vagcom tweak a friend's and my car? I traded in the gti but I'm still in the Audi/VW family. He has a mk6 gti and I have an Audi B 8.5. I can provide lunch/beer. :iono:

pdxa4

Longtime VW/Audi owner
Anyone know who owns this car.

Saw it this morning on McNeil and then Parmer, then pulled into the Apple complex.

mk6 GTi, but with an R front bumper, rear LED's and BBS wheels.
He had Cali plates on.

I was driving in my blue R, but got no wave from him...

Grizza

Ready to race!
It has been an extremely long 4 months but I wanted to give a big thanks to BD Tuning and Brink Motorsports for helping me get my car back up and running. Finally picked it up today and drove it home.

can't wait until the break in period is over-

long story short---due to cylinder wall damage from pieces of broken (burnt) valves, I had to have the block bored over 1mm. Running JE 83.5mm pistons, IE Rods, Valves and Valve Springs

if anyone wants to see pics, i have some uploaded to my instagram @grizza73