GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Busses for sure. Post up a vid if you ever run into one from a roll.

Very true. Tried against one the other day. Lol'd at how much power the new body style has. Old body style it would be close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Very true. Tried against one the other day. Lol'd at how much power the new body style has. Old body style it would be close.

^

Any model with the 5.0 Coyote will not even be fair against stage1 or 2. K04 is a much better match up and even still the Coyote has to be bone stock or it might surprise ya ;)

Anything with the 4.6 engine and you will most likely win.

Source: Lots of races vs Mustangs lol

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
^

Any model with the 5.0 Coyote will not even be fair against stage1 or 2. K04 is a much better match up and even still the Coyote has to be bone stock or it might surprise ya ;)

Just hearing the roar of the engine and the dude has a nice exhaust on it was awesome. Knew I had no chance from the get go. Most of those owners are pretty cool too. [emoji1303]

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Interesting story from this morning...
Dude was getting behind me on the freeway, two cars behind me, all the cars on the on-ramp are zippering in at our whopping 5mph snails pace. I start merging over, I'm near the end of the ramp as it's just starting to taper off to be only shoulder, and the guy that's 2 cars behind, as soon as the guy in front of him merges in, books it around him and is going to fly past everyone, using what ends up being a continually dwindling motorcycle's width of road and mostly shoulder to just skip up ahead as far as he can. Well, I'm not having it, so instead of continuing my merge over, I go ahead and hold course where I am. Well the guy wasn't expecting this, thinking he was going to be able to whip around me, and there is no longer enough room, so he slams on his brakes and he tapped the guard rail...oops...
Just for clarification here, I did not swerve over in front of him, there was already so little room to pass he'd have likely taken my mirror off in the process of passing me, so me holding my ground just made it so uncomfortable that he decided to abort and utilized the guard rail as a stopping mechanism; he was going at least 15mph faster than the flow of traffic just to get 5 more cars ahead by using the shoulder (illegal)...and I was in 80% of the traveling lane (the remaining 20% being what was left of the merging lane).
He came up next to me flipping me off and started yelling at me, like it's my fault somehow that his illegal maneuver caused him to hit the rail :iono:
I just shrugged and kept on going, he tried to whip around me and speed past in the far right lane, which stops around the corner, and almost hit someone else...I think he's just a highly aggressive driver...not sure what else to say about that...

FF_animal

Ready to race!
1989 camaro rs today with two tools in it tried giving me a flyby and it was denied. Ended badly for him lol

rawag77

Ready to race!
^

How does stage1/2 stack up against the newer v6's?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I raced my buddies V6 when he had gears, intake, exhaust, and tune. We were pretty much dead even from 40 with me slightly pulling (by slightly I literally mean like a fender). It's pretty even, he beat me some as well...especially from the lower rolls.

A stock V6 would probably lose against a Stage2 MK6.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I raced my buddies V6 when he had gears, intake, exhaust, and tune. We were pretty much dead even from 40 with me slightly pulling (by slightly I literally mean like a fender). It's pretty even, he beat me some as well...especially from the lower rolls.

Can confirm. Stock or slight modded old V6 mustangs are an easy kill for stage two.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

Depends which v6 to be honest. 1st gen Chargers are a joke, even stage 2 pre APR 2.X I wiped out R/T's, let alone the SXT's, post update just added to their misery.
I didn't ever run a 2nd gen Charger R/T, but they only increased from 250hp/250tq to 290/260, and still weight 4,000+lbs, so they're no sweat either. Challengers are a little more stout, their v6 is in between the SXT and R/T Charger (due mostly to lower weight), but that's still no match for Stage 2.
Camaro starts to get a little quicker when you're talking 5th gen, it's about as light as the challenger (3900lbs or so), but puts out more hp (304); even still, stage 2 should be capable of fending it off based on what I've seen.
6th gen is another story. The 2.0T is about where the 5th gen v6 was, it's pushing about 275hp, but also hit up Jenny Craig or some shit like crazy because they dropped it down to 3300lbs. The v6, is similarly slim, weighing in around 3400lbs, but is closer to the 335hp mark, and figures I've seen put it at a level that is just about on par with a stage 2 GTI. On paper is should beat a stage 2, but testing times do not, just know that it is a more than formidable opponent.

The v6 mustang of new, as well as the 2.3T ecoboost mustang, are both solid machines as well, however I would be more weary of the 2.3T than I would of the v6. I ran a v6 once, pre APR 2.X, starting low in 2nd because I didn't realize he was going, and I was able to keep him reeled in until we hit traffic, though with more time I should have started pulling on him. No idea what he had done, but it was pretty quick and he was a decent driver, so those were definitely factors. The 2.3T's I ran into were both post APR update, were roll races on the highway, and funnily enough both had dealer plates; both were identical races, started leaving them in 3rd by a couple cars, but once 4th hit I started leaving them hard. They are much more tunable than the v6 though, and with a little work can definitely go from getting walked, to doing the walking.

Yeah, especially with the new tune revision. As I said above, I ran one v6, no idea what was done to it, but he held pretty well. It would have been a different story if it had been from say 3rd gear on, or if I was on the new revision where 2nd hooked better and didn't spin for days; I was just hooking and starting to catch up when we hit traffic and ran out of room in this vid:

Can confirm. Stock or slight modded old V6 mustangs are an easy kill for stage two.

Old v6's are a joke. The old 4.6L v8's are pretty fucking slow too.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Only seen one or two around here. The blue and white look good on them. From all the reviews the suspension alone makes me not want it. And the seats are the same from the ST which are atrocious I must say

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I've been waiting to run a focus RS, haven't seen an ST yet that has beaten me.