GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wireless charging pad

Caleb9965

Anyone have the wireless charging pad that goes in the cubby in front of the shifter? if so let me know what you think, pros/cons??

CHerna

Ready to race!
I also thought about this mod. I like the idea, I just think it's too damn ugly. I would also like to hear anyone's experience with it.

ITSSTI

Passed Driver's Ed
From storing my phone there, I know it wont fit an Iphone 7 Plus with any sort of case on it.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
It's kind of dumb to me, you have to use their case which is practically a mophie charging case that has wireless ability and then install the pad to work with the case. lol just plug your phone in and be done? Idk. Maybe I'm old fashioned.

ITSSTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I spent like $14 on a large capacity battery for emergency charges. At that cost why not just buy one for every car you own and the house.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's kind of dumb to me, you have to use their case which is practically a mophie charging case that has wireless ability and then install the pad to work with the case. lol just plug your phone in and be done? Idk. Maybe I'm old fashioned.

My last phone had wireless charging built into it, no case required. I thought about doing something like this, and I did use a wireless vent charger for a little bit. I have a different phone now though, so I just use a little magnetic phone mount, this one - https://www.amazon.com/Scosche-MAGD...92104198&sr=1-8&keywords=magnetic+phone+mount

Wireless charging is pretty shitty in a car though. It charges so slow unless you plan on driving for at least an hour you won't get much of a charge at all.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
my way around all this is to keep an extra battery and charger case for the specific battery - in my case the LG G4, I know not all phones have this luxury option though.

Nice though cause I don't have to worry about having my phone on a charger, just have the other battery charged and ready to roll, then swap batteries when needed and let the other charge out of sight and mind.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I have one and for some reason it charges slow and the pad gets warm. I don't even bother using it anymore.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I have one and for some reason it charges slow and the pad gets warm. I don't even bother using it anymore.

Wireless charging in general is way slower than plugging it in. If you're only driving for 30~ minutes you'll barely get any kind of charge at all. Phones with quick chargers are so much better. I get about 1% a battery charge a minute, so that 30 minute drive will get me 30% while somebody using a wireless charger will get maybe 3% of a charge.

ITSSTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you use this? That's crazy they have 10k mAh power banks now. Idk how long they've been out but damn that's handy. Sleek looking too!

I use it pretty frequently. I'm a field service engineer so I'm on the road 4-5 hours a day and away from home 13-14. Its awesome.