GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
lol but it does make the house a little more enjoyable to live in. And it all comes back to the fact I drive .3 miles to work now. Do I even need any performance parts?

How will you get there 30 secomd faster if you dont?

SirClimax

Ready to race!

Marco'sGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Was this sprayed from a can?

Oh yea! Like $10 for the paint and clear coat. I know it looks uneven from the glare but it actually came out pretty even. I had bought this diffuser form the forum and wanted to try painting it.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I just changed my oil earlier. I went with the Motul xcess 8100. The engine is SO much quieter and smoother! I was not expecting that.

The issues...
The stealership broke one of the mounts on my engine cover during its last service and "fixed" it after I brought it to their attention. Evidently they just rigged it because it amazingly is broken in the same exact spot. [emoji848]
I'm pretty sure that they used an impact wrench to put the oil filter on.
[emoji848]
And the drain plug was torx which I was not expecting. It took a bit to find one big enough.
[emoji19]
It kept trying to storm and I was doing it in my driveway.

My job recently took me off of a rotating 12 hour shift on days to 8 hours on nights.
They repaved my subdivision this morning. Now the game gravel is sticking to my tires.

After the oil change I keep hearing a metallic tinking noise. Maybe since the engine is so much quieter I can hear things that I couldn't before? But I can't help but stress out a bit. Mostly probably from my screwed up sleep schedule.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Took it to Pasadena dealer. Needs new transmission. Great... Will be parting out most likely [emoji24]

Phur

Autocross Champion
Even using a "cup style" filter wrench it was just slipping.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Are the tinking noises normal though? I used the right oil 5w40. The level is correct. No missing tools...

Phur

Autocross Champion
At first I thought that it was the gravel but I don't think that's it.