GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE Intake manifold with KO4 Software?

blackwrath88

Ready to race!
Apologies if this has been covered already but is anyone running the APR k04 file with Integrated Engineerings Intake manifold? I want to get one but I was told my tune would need to compensate for the additional air flow/new design.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
If you want an IE manifold let me know i have one for sale with a DPI WMI rail for sale looking for $900. Rail parts alone are over $300. Its out of the car currently so can ship right away.

blackwrath88

Ready to race!
If you want an IE manifold let me know i have one for sale with a DPI WMI rail for sale looking for $900. Rail parts alone are over $300. Its out of the car currently so can ship right away.

Very tempting, just wish I had some information on my APR tune with this manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Hyde16 did a review on this but with the HPA manifold

copied right from his review:

"APR V2.2 K04 93 software and OEM copper NGK plugs gapped to 0.028” with R8 coil packs. In addition, the system was smoke/pressure tested before both dyno sessions. The only differences between the two dyno sessions were the installation of the HPA Performance Intake Manifold and the slight temperature difference between both days. My baseline numbers below will be much lower than what APR typically advertises due to the type of dyno used. APR uses flywheel/crank horsepower, not wheel horsepower and they use a Dynapack hub dyno, which I believe reads higher that rolling road dynos."

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-Reviews-HPA-2-0T-Performance-Intake-Manifold

He got 10whp and 10wtq from just the manifold with no additional tuning/tweaks. Hyde mentioned APR does not have any specified file that would take advantage of the manifold.
As he mentions, the actual gains are probably a little more, but it's more or less like any other bolt on. If you want a fully optimized tune that utilizes the manifold, either switch to HPA or Eurodyne Maestro. HPA advertises 355 crank to APR's 330 crank, not sure if thats with the manifold or not.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Contact United Motorsports, says on their website that they have K04 tunes for the mk6 gti and can code for the flap delete and they do custom tunes as well. Let me know what they say!

FriggenT1

Banned
Contact United Motorsports, says on their website that they have K04 tunes for the mk6 gti and can code for the flap delete and they do custom tunes as well. Let me know what they say!

That's correct, they also have one on their FB page that I believe is 600.00 (not ie, but same type of deal).

blackwrath88

Ready to race!

So I called Frank from United, no one answered but he called me back about an hour later.

Frank: "Did someone call me from this number?" No "Hi this is Frank from United Motor Sports I'm returning your call, how can I help you?"

Me: I proceed with telling him what I'm looking to do.

Frank: you got the R?

Me: no I have a MK6 GTI TSI motor

Frank: well then it's not really worth it and your kinda stuck.

Me: how so?

Frank: you can't make 400WHP with your motor because no one makes a low pressure fueling system.

Me: good bye and thanks for your time.

Frank: ok bye.

Really? Lmao

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Lol thats pretty crazy. Definitely don't need a low pressure fuel pump for intake manifold. And APR makes a low pressure fuel pump.

Maybe they are really busy and don't want to be bothered?

Don®

Ready to race!
Unitronic offers a High out-put fueling kit with software.
You won't need it for the intake manifold though.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
So I called Frank from United, no one answered but he called me back about an hour later.

Frank: "Did someone call me from this number?" No "Hi this is Frank from United Motor Sports I'm returning your call, how can I help you?"

Me: I proceed with telling him what I'm looking to do.

Frank: you got the R?

Me: no I have a MK6 GTI TSI motor

Frank: well then it's not really worth it and your kinda stuck.

Me: how so?

Frank: you can't make 400WHP with your motor because no one makes a low pressure fueling system.

Me: good bye and thanks for your time.

Frank: ok bye.

Really? Lmao

Nice im over 700hp on a tsi - Uni Ftw