GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MUD FLAPS

Joel1

Passed Driver's Ed
I don´t know why I like these mud flaps so much. It reminds me of rallyspec golf´s, all you need is a set of Hella´s and you have yourself a GTI-R ;) .
Besides, the conditions of roads in my country are prehistoric compared to the roads of e.g. FL. No-brainer for me, gotta get them.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I don´t know why I like these mud flaps so much. It reminds me of rallyspec golf´s, all you need is a set of Hella´s and you have yourself a GTI-R ;) .
Besides, the conditions of roads in my country are prehistoric compared to the roads of e.g. FL. No-brainer for me, gotta get them.

I agree,last winter in Chicago with the GTI was awesome,a lot of control,hopefully this coming winter with the mud flaps installed will do some diff.other than get dirtier..:lol:

xcheck08

Passed Driver's Ed
So for those who have mudflaps or splashgaurds.. how well does it work?

Been thinking about getting them but they're NOT cheap!

sk0164

i love tem on my wht 07 GTI. I'm going to ask the dealer to install a set on my R when it comes in.

jg167

Passed Driver's Ed
Do mud flaps help keep the rear of the car clean(er)?

How well do mud flaps help keep the rear of the car clean? I love my new GTI, but had forgotten how dirty the rear of a hatchback gets. I don't drive on dirt (sf bay area) so am not so worried about stones and chips, but the lower rear does get pretty dirty pretty fast.

Also managed to cut my right front tire on a pot hole last night. No rim damage but only 800 miles and have to replace a tire, bummer. No rim damage at least.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Thread bump, anyone with the oem mud guards have any issues with ice build up in the winter behind the tire? Just trying to be prepared for the upcoming snow storms. There isnt much wheel gap between the guard and the tire i would think that would be an ideal spot for an ice block to build up.

gokhansaler

Ready to race!
ja love them!

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Im thinking about buying me a set from ECS and I'm wondering how they would look either paint matched candy white or painted gloss black to accent like I did my mirror caps and VW emblems and upper grille.

zrickety

The Fixer
I would gloss black to match your accents. Panda ftw.