GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM BI-XENON headlights w/ euro switch coding help

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Hi I just purchased a set of used OEM BI-XENON headlights and installed them in my car which came with Halogens. I have everything working without a error code but i cannot get my driving lights to work properly. :iono: They came with a Euro switch and in the first position my low beams turn on with the DRL's. I have messed with different coding option I found on the forums but cannot get thee switch to work properly.I didn't install a trigger wire to the euro switch and I'm thinking this is the issue. But any other ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Please help

Nkbanta

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you ever get an answer on this ? I have the same problem going on here idk if I should wire it or not since I have bi xenon and don't want to get rid of the led drls. When I put it on the first option the lights turn on just like if I turn on the second option

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
You have to install the trigger wire for a Euro switch to work as it is intended. You won't lose your DRLs unless you disable them through vagcom.

yes you have to install the trigger wire that fixed mine and for the fog lights. A wire got pinched on my euro switch install and actually cut the fog light wire. Once i reattached it and crimped it works as intended.