GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Torn rubber around piston

artemk93

Ready to race!
I was changing pads today, and realised that I have a torn rubber around the piston. I can either rebuild the caliper or get new calipers. I don't want to change rotors yet, so I am looking for something that utilises stock rotors.
Besides GTI calipers I believe Boxter brakes fit in stock rotor, but they are not a direct bolt on.
What about golf r or audi s3 calipers, do they need bigger rotors?
Am I missing any options?
I would appreciate any inputs:thumbsup:

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Check Rock Auto. The parts to rebuild the caliper are pretty cheap.

Not that I would discourage you from upgrading to Brembos, but this is a pretty cheap fix.

artemk93

Ready to race!
Check Rock Auto. The parts to rebuild the caliper are pretty cheap.

Not that I would discourage you from upgrading to Brembos, but this is a pretty cheap fix.

Only $3, that's super cheap. I've never rebuilt a caliper though, might be easier just to get new calipers from rock auto, $163 shipped including carriers.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Only $3, that's super cheap. I've never rebuilt a caliper though, might be easier just to get new calipers from rock auto, $163 shipped including carriers.

It's a surprisingly simple job....

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a3915/4305927/

If you don't have an air compressor I bet you could make one of those cans of compressed air they sell to blow the dust out of computers to work if you get a good seal. A fresh can should generate enough pressure to push the piston out.