GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL advice

Kilo Charlie

hey guys,

so back in February I purchased a 2010 mk6 gti, love the car but since about 2 months ago I've been getting a CEL for p0299 (turbo under boost) I got a new DV and had my master mechanic friend install it and check for leaks, the DV that was already installed was the same as the one I put in and showed no signs of damage or leakage but I replaced it for good measure anyways with the new DV. my mechanic buddy said he did notice a tiny bit of oil that was leaking into the turbo intake pipe and that he had to clean off the maf, suggested it was a good time to do an upgrade on the air intake system since the turbo Intake pipe wasn't fully sealed. the CEL left me alone for a while but now it's back and when I clear it it comes back every couple of days...i haven't noticed a downturn in power but maybe I have always had this issue since the day I bought the car who knows.. I am ordering an APR stage 1 and 2 carbon intake system, my question to you guys is what else should I he doing right now to make sure the car doesn't stay under boost?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
GFB DV+, full intake as you have on deck, check all clamps around outlet pipe and charge pipe. Clean MAF, have you checked the intake manifold cylinders for carbon? If not no worries, just something you'll want checked if your ever in there.

Kilo Charlie

GFB DV+, full intake as you have on deck, check all clamps around outlet pipe and charge pipe. Clean MAF, have you checked the intake manifold cylinders for carbon? If not no worries, just something you'll want checked if your ever in there.
was gonna ask if that gfb dv+ gives more boost or just holds boost better

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Holds more boost for a longer duration than the stock DV. Nothing really performance wise. Slight throttle response.