GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

M4 or V4?

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
One is more performance oriented. Forget which one. Both are old compounds.
Seeing as you have a TDI and mileage might be important, go with the just released last year: Michelin Defender. Twice or more thread life, and if you get one with a higher speed rating, you can also have it more Sporty.

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
Michelin MXM4? or MXV4?

Which one should I do?

They are so close in most aspects it is hard to say. Both are very quiet and comfortable. Slightly better wet traction out of the MXM4. Slightly better winter traction for trips to Tahoe out of the MXV4. Both are great touring tires, but as mentioned above, there are some newer/better choices depending on your size.

bearJW

Ready to race!
I have 205/55r16 on bioline wheels.

The bridgestones the car came with are only at 30,000 miles but they just are loud.

So what are the better / newer choices as far quietness (is that a word?) is concerned?

Last edited:

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
I have 205/55r16 on bioline wheels.

The bridgestones the car came with are only at 30,000 miles but they just are loud.

So what are the better / newer choices as far quietness (is that a word?) is concerned?

Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus, Continental Pure Contact and Michelin Defender would be the main alternatives. The Bridgestone is my favorite of the bunch: very quiet and comfortable (much longer lasting than the OE Bridgestone) while still maintaining good handling and also the least expensive of the bunch.

Last edited: