GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

hpfp failure...

bearJW

Ready to race!
So my 2012 JSW TDI is now at the dealer awaiting a whole bunch of parts... I was told the fuel pump died and sent metal shavings into the system...

Has anyone else here had it repaired? Is it all ok afterwards and something I'll forget, or is this an ongoing hassle till I get rid of the car?

It'll be in the shop at least until monday...

VW is covering all the costs so, there is that at least.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
So my 2012 JSW TDI is now at the dealer awaiting a whole bunch of parts... I was told the fuel pump died and sent metal shavings into the system...

Has anyone else here had it repaired? Is it all ok afterwards and something I'll forget, or is this an ongoing hassle till I get rid of the car?

It can happen at anytime. There is someone else on here that has had it replaced, I forget who. I had 49k on my TDI before trading it in and no fuel pump issues thank god.

nikhsub1

What?

This is the single biggest problem with current gen TDI's... surprised you haven't heard about it... http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=299854

SFGiants

Ready to race!
What a nightmare dude. Sorry to hear it. Most certainly a problem, with no definitive solution. Verdict is out on whether additives may help prevent this issue.

How many miles did your car have?

bearJW

Ready to race!
oh well...

My JSW TDI had 54,000 miles on it, no tune, no additives.

I did install the under seat drawers and dash cubby, and the rns-315. I don't think those mods would hurt the fuel system though!

I have a loaner and VW is covering everything. The service guy said the new parts are revised so this doesn't happen again. Is this true? Or could this just randomly happen anytime?

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
My JSW TDI had 54,000 miles on it, no tune, no additives.

I did install the under seat drawers and dash cubby, and the rns-315. I don't think those mods would hurt the fuel system though!

I have a loaner and VW is covering everything. The service guy said the new parts are revised so this doesn't happen again. Is this true? Or could this just randomly happen anytime?

I really hope the revision of the parts is true. I have some colleagues with the TDI and hope they are not going to suffer this issue. Best of luck!

bearJW

Ready to race!
So far I have not heard reports of this issue happening 2x to the same car... are there any that have?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
As far as I know it can happen again. I don't think there were any revisions that eliminated the problem

TDISteve

go to tdiclub.com and research, the one thing that probably was a culprit was sub par quality fuel, where do you fill up?

in the beginning, there was a huge issue with the 09-10 models and Shell Diesel, that seems to have passed, but a "cheap" fill up isn't necessarily a quality fill up...

I have done lots of research, and I believe another guy on here has done the same thing. RaceTrac... They guarantee their fuel does not cause failures related to fuel. If so, they cover the costs. VW has tried and tried again with the blame card thrown at the owner, and saying we fill up at crappy stations or put gas in our tanks. As far as i'm concerned, VW vs a multi billion dollar industry, I think RaceTrac would win that argument in court.

DZLmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=375803

Last edited: