GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ya but you knew exactly who I was talking about and it fits lol

Someone with mod privileges should change his screenname so when he pops in here randomly next time we'll all see it

I've got some HF stuff. I buy their stuff when I'm in a pinch, or it's some specialty/oddball tool I won't use often AND precision is not important.

I've got a set of their stubby wrenches, their A/C vacuum pump, their seal driver kit, their tap/die kit, etc.

For specialty stuff where fit is important I've been buying Snap-On. Triple square bits, torx, E-torx, etc. Shit I don't want to strip out, I buy the good stuff - the lesser brands tend to have a sloppier fit on the fastener. I've also got a couple of their ratchets.

I have a few GearWrench things (E-torx ratcheting wrenches - needed one to remove the seats from the Cayman, they're E-torx and I needed low profile), and a set of their screwdrivers. Not bad. IMO pretty good quality for the money. I'd go GW over Craftsman nowadays.

A few years back I had the opportunity to tour one of Snap-On tool manufacturing plants. As I was walking by one of their cold forming socket machines I noticed it was stamping sockets with a big box brand name. So out of curiosity I ask if if they used a lessor grade of steel - nope. Is there a difference in the chroming process - nope. Same warranty - yeap. Running out of of ideas I finally asked what was the difference - nothing. Last question I had was why the big difference in price - he answered only with a big grin on his face. Back then Snap-On wasn’t the only tool manufacturer making tools for others.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I watched that Comedian in cars getting coffee a little last night. How is that show still going? It was on netflix and apparently they pulled randon shows from different seasons. I watched about 7 of them and I don't get the appeal. Not that funny and not much about cars. I was hoping it would get better but it didn't. Can't believe Netflix picked this up.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Dash was showing 57 degrees this morning. On Jan 11. In Chicago. Funny, the other day a far right extremist friend I have was trying to say global warming doesn't exist :laugh:

You misspelled globull.

;)

We've always had one or two freak warm days in mid-winter, for as long as I can remember. Jan/Feb timeframe. I always kept my motorcycle insurance active year-round specifically for those freak days when my buddies and I would call in sick and bust the bikes out. Wheelies in January!

Then of course when the bikes would come back out in April and the chains were all rusty....

Do dig the warm air today. Feels like winter in Florida.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Dash was showing 57 degrees this morning. On Jan 11. In Chicago. Funny, the other day a far right extremist friend I have was trying to say global warming doesn't exist :laugh:

Fake news

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I am taking the gti out on saturday with the track tires on. Hopefully it's not terrible weather, don't have a choice though. I sold my intercooler so it has to come off.

18 degrees with flurries - good luck, be safe

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Figure since my car is up on jack stands and not using it might as well install a tyrolsport collar kit to get rid of the clunking...

anyone have one of those for sale? Also while i have subframe down i might as well install a FSB to balance out my RSB so if anyone has HR 26mm they wanna let go lmk please thanks.

Boosted is probably wearing shorts - I will be when I get home.
I am wearing shorts yes. Anything over 15 degrees generally is shorts weather for me. Obviously my workplace is relaxed dress code...

ive often got that question "do you know how cold it is outside are you crazy?"...to which i reply "im not outside. its 74 and dry currently" :iono:

Was -10 for about 2 weeks here, snowed in florida and south carolina..... :iono:

lets talk about the 2018 tax refunds, what are you guys going to do with your extra money?

not sure yet you?

I am taking the gti out on saturday with the track tires on. Hopefully it's not terrible weather, don't have a choice though. I sold my intercooler so it has to come off.

nice, youll be fine unless snow than id maybe uber wherever you need to go cause sketchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.