GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do not put R suspension on your 2.5 or gti!

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Okay well I decided to be a Guinea pig and try this out. It will drop your car but it will drop less than maybe a quarter inch. I only spent 200 on the struts and springs so I don't really care too much; I will use the the struts with dg springs in a few weeks.

this is passenger side oem springs

Driver side with R springs, tape measure is a little uneven but you can tell there was a very very small drop.

Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Wheel gap SUCKS. That's why you don't waste your time installing stock springs, even if they are from a Golf R.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
awd.. more weight... different spring rates because of awd... your car is lighter... yep.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Did you fit them on all four corners? What about handling and ride?

Curios about your coming review about DG springs + R dampers.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Did you fit them on all four corners? What about handling and ride?

Curios about your coming review about DG springs + R dampers.

No, I just put on driver side to experiment once I saw there was virtually no drop just put oem back on. But definitely will do a review on dg springs with R shocks.

Also knew about the extra weight but I figured most of that weight is in the back due to awd so, I was ready for the rake. As it turns out the front is a lot heavier than I thought. But hey you live you learn and now the community knows not to make the same mistake.

Last edited:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yep this has been discussed before, but i guess we have hard evidence now to show just how much of a waste it is. you can probably turn the suspension over on eBay or in the classifieds to someone that's going back to stock

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
No, I just put on driver side to experiment once I saw there was virtually no drop just put oem back on. But definitely will do a review on dg springs with R shocks.

Also knew about the extra weight but I figured most of that weight is in the back due to awd so, I was ready for the rake. As it turns out the front is a lot heavier than I thought. But hey you live you learn and now the community knows not to make the same mistake.

THX for this. :thumbsup:

Yeah, having a car with suspension travel and ground clearance is gay.

Windows also SUCK, all of that shiny glass looks cheap as fuck.

:thumbup: :lol:

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, having a car with suspension travel and ground clearance is gay.

Windows also SUCK, all of that shiny glass looks cheap as fuck.

improving wheel gap does not necessarily mean slamming your car...there is a middle ground