GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stuck Centre Armrest In Open Position

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Anyone had this problem?

I opened the centre armrest fully and it just locks into place. It won't even close now.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I never understood why VW added this feature to the center console lid. Try doing a google search,,,,,

nik

Go Kart Champion
try jiggling it? or if the lid comes apart from the hinge assembly remove it and see if you get more leverage on the hinge to move it back to release the mechanism. or if you can bend up a paperclip and push the locking mechanism to the release position... not too sure how you would accomplish the last one but it's a thought.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Anyone had this problem?

I opened the centre armrest fully and it just locks into place. It won't even close now.

Still have a warranty?

krokmitten

Ready to race!
I got the same issue this morning.. Urrrghhh.

Merkle

Banned
lift it up, slide the lid all the way to the back of the car, and then it will go all the way down.

Had this problem on my 2010 mk6 golf, dealer took care of it.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Lower it slowly. When mine gets stuck this is what I do and it works. If you try to man handle it down it will get stuck. Cold temps do a number on things.

Wruben

Had this recently.. There IS a non dealer related fix! There is a replaceable cover piece that has prongs that break off and cause the lid to be stuck up...

The dealers will barely help but the item retails for $25-39 and solves the stuck issue... It is called the ' armrest repair kit' part number is 1k0898207