GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Failures - Revised - The Bender Loves Statistics Edition

Bender1

Banned
Some months ago (nearly a year at this point), I started logging clutch failures in a Google Spreadsheet. It worked out well and we got some great data that gave light to some interesting conclusions.

That said, clutch failures have recently come up as a topic of discussion again, and those findings have been challenged.

So, its time for a new updated data set.

Below is a Google Survey. It will take you less than 5 minutes to complete and is totally anonymous.

PLEASE COMPLETE IT IF YOU HAVE A FAILURE OR NOT.
It is critical we get as many data points as possible.

Survey is HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEd5Z1FXT1hHbUVNZmVoVk1zcUlJUlE6MQ

Feel free to spread this link around so we get as many responses as possible. If anyone thinks of a question that should be included that I missed, please let me know.

Once we have some adequate data, I will share it here and at vager.org

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Paul, could you email me the excel file to my work email? I cant access the link from work. I wanted to play with it a little bit.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Didnt seem to get it. Mustve gotten trapped in the server. Just send me the excel file sometime when you think you have some good data.

We have a program that predicts trends with variables we tell it to through a special algorithm produced by an engineer here. As far as I see it........I push a button and it flashes at me.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Will do, figure we need a relatively robust data set for that. if we keep up at this pace we should have it in just a few days.

FYI - sent it to your gmail, for some reason Docs wouldnt let me send to your work account.

Thats cool. Normally a good statistic data set is 30 samples....but 100 would be even better :thumbsup:

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
Ah nice.. will be useful to see actual data from this. I just filled it out

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
Done! Sub'd to find out the results. In for more info. This happened to me out of the blue right after going APR Stage 1. Luckily everything was replaced via warrenty. Had new clutch, updated TOB, and pressure plate done. Sucks that for two weeks I didnt get to enjoy my tune.

D Darko

Ready to race!
Done son!

Bender, maybe add a couple inquiries on it about how many approx. miles @ Stage 1, 2, etc. Great thread...!

Bender1

Banned
Done son!

Bender, maybe add a couple inquiries on it about how many approx. miles @ Stage 1, 2, etc. Great thread...!

Great idea! I think we will do that as a "stage 2" if you will of the data sets for ONLY those with failed clutches. Doing it as part of the initial survey would be too complex for what I am going for this time around.