GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KW v1

Turbo t1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Has anyone had experience of these on their Mk 6 golf R? I had them on my scirocco and got a little tired of pothole dodging. I have spoken to Kw and they assure me that on the golf they will perform much better (something to do with be able to design them/ set them up better/easier??)

I would love the DCC kit they do but at £2300 its too much for me.

So any feedback on the performance and ride quality of the v1's would be much appreciated. Thanks.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Do they make the Street Comforts for the R? I have those on my GTI and they ride nicely. I've never ridden in the R, but the KW SC ride better then the OEM did.

Turbo t1

Passed Driver's Ed
Do they make the Street Comforts for the R? I have those on my GTI and they ride nicely. I've never ridden in the R, but the KW SC ride better then the OEM did.

Yeah I looked into the street comfort, but they only lower 10mm on the R. Im not intending to slam the car but 10mm isn't enough.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Just a small suggestion...

I see that you are in the UK.

You can get a SPAX RSX kit with on car easy damping adjustment for a great price.

I have bee rocking mine for quiet awhile...and i most surely will never buy coilovers without on-car damping adjustment....so damn convenient.

I skipped the KW V2s for these and saved a bit of money while i am at it.

Turbo t1

Passed Driver's Ed
I would check with KW. I'm willing to bet that's a typo.

I thought the same, so I called them and they confirmed the range is 0-10mm.

Shame as they would have been a good option.

Thanks for the other suggestions everyone I will look into those.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Very odd. 10mm is next to nothing. It's not even noticeable. The numbers for mine were published incorrectly too. That's why I thought that these might be as well.

Sebastian04

Very odd. 10mm is next to nothing. It's not even noticeable. The numbers for mine were published incorrectly too. That's why I thought that these might be as well.

10mm might be at fully extended height. How much lower is a Golf R than a GTI? I have the on order thinking of an inch and a quarter drop with 19's. 10 mm isn't even a half inch. Kw states a drop of 10 to 40 mm. So even if an R is 26mm lower which is an inch there should still be 15mm of drop left over. I guess I will find out this week. I will post my findings.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Please do. I'm still curious. These are great coilovers and well worth a look. Mine didn't slam the car, but it was enough that it filled all the gap. They ride great and have a nice warranty.