GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

What up people, I was wondering what are your opinions on this exhaust setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvmvKKDTIf0

I personally think it sounds amazing. Way better than any GTI I've heard on the Tube. If I had the funds I would go for something like this.

If you want a gti style exhaust get the eurojet one. it's not that expensive and sound quite good, even on the gti.

Last edited:

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
I have the c2 motorsports 93 octane race file it definitley makes the car more fun to drive but it's nothing that is gonna blow you away I have it paired with the pflo intake

Does it make enough of a difference that you would do it over again if you had the chance?

Eneubauer

Go Kart Champion
Does it make enough of a difference that you would do it over again if you had the chance?

Yea in a heart beat don't even consider the unitronic tune they charge almost double what united motorsports or c2 motorsports charge for their tunes they are the way to go for sure te ony downside is the need to run more expensive 93 octane but Idc it's worth it

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
What up people, I was wondering what are your opinions on this exhaust setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvmvKKDTIf0

I personally think it sounds amazing. Way better than any GTI I've heard on the Tube. If I had the funds I would go for something like this.

im pretty sure than's a lambo v10 in disguise :happyanim:

Yea in a heart beat don't even consider the unitronic tune they charge almost double what united motorsports or c2 motorsports charge for their tunes they are the way to go for sure te ony downside is the need to run more expensive 93 octane but Idc it's worth it

is the c2 one adaptive? or are you forced to run 93oct. if it's not adaptive, do they have a 91 file? we dont have 93 in cali

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
is the c2 one adaptive? or are you forced to run 93oct. if it's not adaptive, do they have a 91 file? we dont have 93 in cali

On the C2 website it says you can get a 91 Oct file but it only shows one dyno graph and Im guessing that is with 93 Oct.

I am not sure if anyone knows but I am assuming that in the states you guys have actual 93 Oct. Here in Ontario we have 94, would there be an issues that may come about down the road running 94 oct on a 93 file? I would assume its perfectly fine but I am not very knowledgable in the octane world.

IAmLexLuther

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all.... Any thoughts on a Magna flow cat back exhaust? I'm working on a budget so Thought it might satisfy me..... until you posted that ultimate racing exhaust video..... holy ish.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
On the C2 website it says you can get a 91 Oct file but it only shows one dyno graph and Im guessing that is with 93 Oct.

I am not sure if anyone knows but I am assuming that in the states you guys have actual 93 Oct. Here in Ontario we have 94, would there be an issues that may come about down the road running 94 oct on a 93 file? I would assume its perfectly fine but I am not very knowledgable in the octane world.

94 on a 93 tune would be fine. it's a higher octane.

Hello all.... Any thoughts on a Magna flow cat back exhaust? I'm working on a budget so Thought it might satisfy me..... until you posted that ultimate racing exhaust video..... holy ish.

performance gains are all similar, so go by your liking of sound

magnaflow

awe

eurojet

techtonics also makes exhausts, but they use either borla of magnaflow bufflers, so sound changes depending on which one you get

tower0ne

Passed Driver's Ed
i had the UR cat back on my wrx. if i ever get around to putting a gti exhaust this is what i will be getting.

IAmLexLuther

Passed Driver's Ed
Those all sound great. but I really like the sound of the magna flow. I had a magna flow on the Porsche and loved it... HMmmmmm.... Are there any cheaper CAI choices other than the APR Cabino? I was thinking maybe Spectre or K&N??

what other brands are there these days? lol

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Those all sound great. but I really like the sound of the magna flow. I had a magna flow on the Porsche and loved it... HMmmmmm.... Are there any cheaper CAI choices other than the APR Cabino? I was thinking maybe Spectre or K&N??

injen, BSH tuning, ABD racing, neuspeed

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion

I know you said you were on a budget but I have the Borla installed. Its quite pricy but it sounds amazing. I could post a video for you if you want me to.