GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unofficial APR Stage 2 Thread- All Things APR Stage 2 Related

allset

Go Kart Champion
So it seems that the P0088 is relatively common on Stage II cars...has anyone found a definitive solution? From the looks of this thread, it would seem not...

I replaced every possible part related to p0088 I had very noticeable power loss until I cleared the code which reset the fuel trims
But power loss continued slowly for 2 weeks
Cleared again
Nothing worked until I went ko4
Which gave me more problems except p0088
I was told it had to be hardware so I blew thousand on parts for nothing
Fixed all issues by switching to UNITRONIC

Still having issues with my stage 2. Bad mileage, fluctuating power. I just replaced PCV and cleaned MAF. Also reset ecu. Seemed to help power delivery but mileage has actually gotten worse! Whats weird is last two days, go to leave in morning for work and Car starts right up but everything was reset like battery died.

My point: I do not have VAGCOM. I have played with the Torque app. It shows no codes. Even though airbag (stereo install) and TPMS lights are on. Will VAGCOM show something torque doesnt. My assumption is yes.
Get a vagcom cable you're gonna need it
Phone apps can't log
U can throw soft codes and have no CEL light

Bad battery? Or loose battery cable? If you have a loose cable your battery is probably bad.

Follow APRs guide and log you car with vagcom to help diagnose what is happening in your car.

I did that for months and sent to APR
they were always " waiting on engineering "
For answers I never got

I was told if I'm misfiring in neutral don't rev in neutral ......WUT ?
I misfired at idle and under load
This was ko4 but my point is sending logs to APR for p0088 for 12-6 months and then the ko4 V2 abortion was useless in my experience
Send them somewhere else also

Last edited:

tbombsgen6

Ready to race!
Thanks allset. Off to spend more $$ on this car for the cable.

Good lord! $250?!

Last edited:

allset

Go Kart Champion
Thanks allset. Off to spend more $$ on this car for the cable.

Good lord! $250?!

cable isnt a fix, prepare to start pulling ur hair out with data overload

the only fix is to code the DTC p0088 out of the tune, that wont solve power loss.

thats the odd thing its like 60% have the DTC and power loss and 40% just get the DTC and no power loss.

or they just dont recognize it.

IDK it went away with KO4. But that had its owb issues.

IDK if ko4 V3 is really any better cuz havent been paying attention with modding my new whip, but the bits and pieces ive heard and read really didnt inspire condifence.