GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad O2 Sensor? VAG-COM and APR K04 Question...

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
That is the code for when the o2 sensor detects higher flow from an aftermarket downpipe. When you go stg2, it should be coded off. Unless you have some tune for passing emissions. In that case, you need an o2 sensor spacer to try and defeat the cel

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have to check the paper again . If it is ..then this is weird ...I have the tune already for stock file ..and I have o2 spacer ....performance shop said they cleared the code ...and it came back ...

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
For the front o2 ? Or front and rear?

I'm no sure but I think it's weird ...besides obd11 or vagcom...what's a quick non expensive but reliable diagnostic tool I can get really quick ? Can I get it from advanced auto or somewhere ? I plan on getting both in the near future but I want some thing quick for now and that works smh lol

brobst

Go Kart Champion
For the front o2 ? Or front and rear?

I believe it is for the one before the cat. I know its listed on the forums. There is a thread on the o2 sensor spacer.

I have to check the paper again . If it is ..then this is weird ...I have the tune already for stock file ..and I have o2 spacer ....performance shop said they cleared the code ...and it came back ...
Are sure you are on the stg2 file? Unless something is actually wrong with the sensor, there should not be that particular code while on stg2 file.
And for the other question. I used to go to autozone and ley them scan it, then go on ross tech website and look up the codes. Idk if they can clear it, but they will tell you whats wrong for free.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
I believe it is for the one before the cat. I know its listed on the forums. There is a thread on the o2 sensor spacer.

Are sure you are on the stg2 file? Unless something is actually wrong with the sensor, there should not be that particular code while on stg2 file.
And for the other question. I used to go to autozone and ley them scan it, then go on ross tech website and look up the codes. Idk if they can clear it, but they will tell you whats wrong for free.

The scary thing I asked them that ..and they said I should already be on stage 2 file . And I questioned it ...so how can I tell if I'm on by checking myself ? I have apr stage 2 with " stock 91 93 valet " so they said ..and the paper from my shop says :

P0036 ... sensor b1 s2 heating circuit malfunction intermittent , cleared code and it has not returned at this time , if code returns may need rear o2 sensor

And yes TODAY ...Cel has returned ..and I wasn't even driving like a maniac for once ..it was early in the morning going to work ...

Wtf is going on smh

brobst

Go Kart Champion
What I wrote was for p0420. The other code I do not have experience with. If you have apr full suite, do you have any way of monitoring boost?
It will be easy to tell valet mode and stock mode apart. Harder to tell 91 and 93 without some more clues

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion

I ask because I've wondered if mine was bad for a while, just did carbon cleaning, and the mpg is still much lower than I'd expect, much of my cc smells and looks like gas too, and I still have high rpm misfires I have the R8 coils, spark plugs are new, etc... so it's either a bad coil, or a sensor... I suspect fr not o2 since iirc the rear is turned off.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!

Hey how do I check which file I'm in ? I have APR full loaded software . What do u have ?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
If you are fully loaded, you should be able to follow apr procedures for changing files on the turn stalk. Whoever installed your tune should be able to tell you the file order. Then you can swap to the desired file. I do not have apr so I cannot say more than that.