GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Headlights

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think its okay that VW make their new model's with LED day lights, since Audi are produced by VW. Stock LED's look good from most makes imo. .

Audi's look a lot better - the straight lines or the slight squiggly lines in the headlights look decent.

My GTI came with LED's from the factory (they aren't the same as these tho).

Ive got some pics here:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20333

Not many people like them, I think they look great, I guess you have to warm up to them.

I don't like them, and many don't :) sorry, but for most of us, they just look silly.

I think its okay that VW make their new model's with LED day lights, since Audi are produced by VW. Stock LED's look good from most makes imo. However, angel eyes only look good on BMW's (that come stock with the car).

yea but it has become played.... and VW U shaped LED's arent my cup of tea.

when the r8 and a5 had them it was like when you see it coming down the road, you knew what it was, it looked great, but now that many cars have it, its not much of a "ooo" factor.

But it they were to go to an ALL LED headlight thats a different story much like the new a8.

Burn

Nevermind the haters. A lot of ppl hate unintentionally because they don't have it.

There's some fashion to them for sure, but it's also a technological movement... To suggest ppl are JUST copying Audi's lead aren't paying attention. TONS of cars have led now, or will have in the near future. They're replacing auto incandescent bulbs quite fast across the board.

I'm not sold on them yet, haven't seen irl. Daytime pics never do them justice. Even the Audi LEDs look strange unlit.

Diolate1

Passed Driver's Ed
Nevermind the haters. A lot of ppl hate unintentionally because they don't have it.

There's some fashion to them for sure, but it's also a technological movement... To suggest ppl are JUST copying Audi's lead aren't paying attention. TONS of cars have led now, or will have in the near future. They're replacing auto incandescent bulbs quite fast across the board.

I'm not sold on them yet, haven't seen irl. Daytime pics never do them justice. Even the Audi LEDs look strange unlit.

If they actually looked like audi HL's I would be envious but not a hater. Just being honest they look like a cheap version of them. Hence why I asked for a night shot to see them more clear.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^^ agreed. It's not unintentional, I just think it looks lame/stupid/no where near as well designed as the Audi versions, or even the new Touraeg for that matter.

fatih69

Ready to race!

I agree that the Audi ones look a lot better. People would warm up to other LED's in time.

did you not read my post, every car has them now which is why its nothing "amazing" anymore.... whats amazing is the full LED headlights.

and na im hating intentionally .... i remember when the first fast and furious came out and every had to go buy new headlights and altezza tails for their cars... no matter how bad they looked...

Anyway, i hope they are made well or else they may fog up after a year or so of washing. :p

put me on the list of a hater of spyder or dectane products.