GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Ride Suspension Thread

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
How often do your compressors kick on? Recently just emptied my water trap and my compressors kick on first think in the morning aired out and sometimes when I leave my car aired up over night.

I tested it with a 9 hour shift at work, left my car at ride height...turned the car on and compressors didnt kick on until I played with airing up and down for a few seconds. Then this morning I was aired out and started the car, didnt touch my settings and they kicked on.

I have a vu4 block, dual 444c and a 4 gal tank. Just wondering if anyone else had this happen or if its normal because of the temp changes over night. I live in NJ so it will be 40-50 degrees at night and 70 at noon.

Ride height when parking shouldn't have anything to do with the tank leaking air.

You may need to test and re-do your fittings. I park at 150 psi and turn the car on in the morning with 147 psi, and I think that drop is just from the drop in temperature.

i had this happen until i re did all my fittings. I use ~10 wraps of Teflon tape and Megalock liquid thread seal. Zero Leaks!

If this happened after emptying the trap, then stat with the trap...

I hope this helps.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
With VU4 you need air in the tank to keep pressure in your bags. If the tank pressure is below the bag pressure it lets air from the bag back into the tank.

If you drain water from your trap you are also leaking air. Depending on your management e-Level/Switchspeed) the compressors run starting when the tank pressure is below the kick-on psi (mine is set to 110). The compressor stays running until it reaches the kick-off PSI (150).

So draining enough air from your trap/tank will cause your car to dump and your compressors will run.

Love this air ride shit! :)

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
With VU4 you need air in the tank to keep pressure in your bags. If the tank pressure is below the bag pressure it lets air from the bag back into the tank.
WTF ACCUAIR :lol:

With the Airlift manifold, I can remove my tank, leave it home, and then go drive somewhere with air still in the bags.

Yes we all know Accuair sucks dick. I've been debating switching to V2 but just don't have money to switch.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion

Wouldn't check valves be a simple fix for this? That hardly makes the VU4 a shitty product

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Wouldn't check valves be a simple fix for this? That hardly makes the VU4 a shitty product

Seems legit. Unless there's something I'm not picturing with the VU4. Check valve between the tank and manifold should do the trick

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Yes a check valve would solve this for sure... If you think it's a problem that is.

iPhone Tapatalk

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Well I was personally already planning on running one, being under the impression that air shouldn't be allowed to return to the tank from the bags in any setup..?

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Yeah. They should include a spray bottle in the kits for some people lol.

I wrapped my connections with 5 layers of Teflon tape. No leaks except for one where I had to back it off a quarter turn for clearance. Re wrapped it and it's been great since.

iPhone Tapatalk

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
What kind of rear shocks are you guys running? When I install everything on Monday I'll have my stocks in initially, but I want to upgrade them soon. The Air Lift Performance dampers seem like overkill, so probably Bilstein or Koni? I want to go as low as possible but performance is definitely a main concern

Boostedgti916

What kind of rear shocks are you guys running? When I install everything on Monday I'll have my stocks in initially, but I want to upgrade them soon. The Air Lift Performance dampers seem like overkill, so probably Bilstein or Koni? I want to go as low as possible but performance is definitely a main concern
I just got the air lift ones. Heard they are good so I just went with them.