GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Ed's Golf 6 Replica OEM HID Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Do these replicas also have the manual adjustment knobs (white/black) for adjusting range? after installing my headlights, they seem to be pointing a little to far down. I can only see approximately 30 feet in front of my car which pretty much defeats the purpose of having brighter lights that help you see better. If so, does anyone have a picture of exactly where on the headlights I can find the adjustment knobs?? I've looked... Many times... and have not succeeded.

Rekognize

Adjusters are the white pieces. Philips head

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
What exactly is GEN 2 and whats better about them? Also, can I get new lenses, after 8 months my right one started peeling on the front....

Yo.SeungHyun

Ready to race!
Yeah my lens are shot too, might as well retro the head light beam lens too because I can't get that perfect cutoffs and adjustments to level them

Boostedgti916

So can I rock option 4 with out coding for a little bit? Will the head lights still work with out the LEDs? I have a 2011 hit with halogens..

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n_monte

Installed mine yesterday :drool: really great set of headlights, i just have a question about coding so i dont have to make another thread. everything works just as i wanted, however
1)I used code 04 for byte 18 and the only problem is one of my reverse lights stays on (like a rear fog). i just pulled the bulb out for now. (DEPO leds, I kept the load balancers in, could that be the reason?)
2) is there any way to keep the leds as bright with low beams as it is during DRL mode?

if theres no easy way, they look fine as is. :thumbsup:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
For number 2. Pretty sure on OEM the LEDs dim when you turn on the low beams. I believe that's how it's supposed to work.

n_monte

yeah i kind of figured, its no big deal they just seem at maybe 25% compared to in drl mode. Im more so concerned about the rear back up light on, having both backup lights on when in reverse seems necessary.

lilcrzytimmy

Passed Driver's Ed
hopefully someone here can help me.

i have the HID with LED and had a shop help me code it. however, they didnt save my stock code so i cant revert what they did to my lights.

The issue: I have a euro switch with an auto feature and aftermarket light sensor. when the switch is on auto and its day time, The LED and everything else is off. WHen it turns night, the HID and LED comes on but one side is dim. also fogs do not work. the cornering lights does work.

Im trying to get it so that LED would not be dim and be on day or night.

Rekognize

Does anyone have an updated coding for Gen2 Option4 headlights?
I tried the codes in the original post but it still keeps throwing DRL 02745/02746 codes on my 2010 Base TDI.

i have the HID with LED and had a shop help me code it. however, they didnt save my stock code so i cant revert what they did to my lights.

Saved the stock code on my 2010 TDI:
69180A1A90232AC400000081400085C441010086524D8560648020200000

Rekognize

Fixed my codes today. No more errors!
2010 Golf TDI (oem fogs, tails and stock switch), Gen2 Option4 headlights with LEDs.

My goal was to have the fogs act as DRL along with the LEDs.

VCDS:
byte 27: ✓2
byte 26: ✓5
byte 18: 20 (gti nar)
byte 15: ✓6, ✓7
byte 14: ✓0, ✓1, uncheck 2, 3

My longcode (use at your own risk):
67180A3A98372AC400080081500003C447012086524D8560E48020240000

DRL on:

Low beams on, fogs off:

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion

The issue: I have a euro switch with an auto feature and aftermarket light sensor. when the switch is on auto and its day time, The LED and everything else is off. WHen it turns night, the HID and LED comes on but one side is dim. also fogs do not work. the cornering lights does work.

Im trying to get it so that LED would not be dim and be on day or night.

We found the auto feature, and aftermarket HID kits do not work well together. We had similar experiences with the B7 Passat as well as the new Golf 7 and using auto setting on the headlight switch.

There are no issues when using the lights, when you turn the headlights on/off manually, only in auto.

If someone has some feedback on how this may be solved, it would be appreciated.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I have the option 3 headlights and auto euro switch with the light sensor. Works perfectly and no issues and all lights function well, as they should and as expected.

I have it coded for the drl as parking lights and have added the jumper wire to get the LEDs on as drls and also on with the low beams.
I only ever have the switch in auto. Have no need to ever touch it now. During the day with the switch in auto I have the drls on (in the gauge cluster) which is the LEDs up front. In twilight it auto selects the LEDs and my rear led taillights. Then when it gets slightly darker or when dark it selects the LEDs and low beam hids up front and rear taillights.
Think the side markers are always on as well as the LEDs. I don't have the LEDs changing brightness with my settings.

Sounds like his coding is wrong.
I have byte 18 set to 04 with rear led tailights with rear fog. Think it should be 22 without rear fog. Plus all the other coding required.

Status
Not open for further replies.