GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Manifold Reinstall, car won't start

MKVInnie

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everybody,

I just did a long list of tasks on my car, the big one being intake carbon cleaning. I took the intake manifold off, one injector came out, I put on the new seal with the specialty tool, inserted it into the engine and then buttoned everything up. Fuel pump primes when opening the door. Attempted to start the car and it cranks but no combustion. I can hear the usual electronic clicks and stuff like normal when I take the key out.

One of my fuel injectors blew out 2 years ago and it doesn't seem like that issue. This time it just feels like its not firing at all. No struggle. Just spins the crank. My only guess is I didn't plug something in?

Other things I did for this job include.
  • replacing the alternator ( I definitely know what the failed start with that is like )
  • upper timing cover gasket ( was leaking oil )
  • redid the water pump gasket ( preventative maintenance from the ^ oil leak )
  • intercooler cleaning

Anybody run into something like this?

MKVInnie

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm about to start taking things apart again to figure this out. Bump for any assistance before I do this.

MKVInnie

Passed Driver's Ed
To all concerned, I had my car towed to a shop because I had enough. When the tow truck left I noticed a broken green tab to an electrical connection. Just got a call from the shop, they said one connector wasn't in all the way... wah wah. So I did the job, succeeded but that piece got me, as suspected...