GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't Wait for my New 2012 CSG GTI

SteeleDrewe

Passed Driver's Ed
This weekend went to buy a GTI but i was told that they couldn't find any 2011 GTI with leather and tech package. So i decided to order a 2012. They said i can pick it up Aug. 1st (if its on time) All i can say is 68 more days... It's going to be a long time!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
w00t for new cars! It will be here before you know it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I had to wait about a month for mine to be "taken" from another dealer - it feels like forever! are you cool with the LED headlights?

SteeleDrewe

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmmm i just looked at them.. idk really im iffy on them. But none the less im still getting the car :) i also dont like the new wheels.. if it comes with those they won't last long

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
This weekend went to buy a GTI but i was told that they couldn't find any 2011 GTI with leather and tech package. So i decided to order a 2012. They said i can pick it up Aug. 1st (if its on time) All i can say is 68 more days... It's going to be a long time!

I'm in the same boat man. Dealer on my end still has no idea when the cars are actually going to show though. August would be sweet, but i'm preparing to wait til late Sept/Oct. It's painful man...paaaaiiiiinful.

I had to wait about a month for mine to be "taken" from another dealer - it feels like forever! are you cool with the LED headlights?

I like the LED's myself, kind of annoyed though that they seem to be showing up on every single new model being released...Hell, even the Ford Fuckus has em i think... .. .

I don't mind the new rims so much, i think it'll be just like the detroits, they're going to grow on people. I know i'll be going to aftermarkets though, so i ordered mine with winters mounted on Denvers...

WhiteMK6-11

Passed Driver's Ed
It is my understanding that just the Autobahn model will have the new wheels and the "top 2 trims" will get the LED running lights.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
It is my understanding that just the Autobahn model will have the new wheels and the "top 2 trims" will get the LED running lights.

In the States, yes, but we're both in Canadakan... .. .Rims are a package available on all models, and the LEDs come standard.

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion

Interesting. Is your on the 'Cougar Ace' ship expected to get to Halifax on July 11th? Or does yours come from the West Coast (http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf)?

I just placed an order for a specific 2012 GTI (CW DSG, fully loaded), of which only 1 is coming to Ontario (luckily wasn't sold), has been built already, and will be on that ship barring any issues. My dealer pulled up the site they use to check for this stuff and it said should be in Ontario August 8th or so.

lennonjon

Passed Driver's Ed

I searched all over the country for mine. CSG 4-door with 6-spd and Autobahn package. After searching the inventory of all the dealers in my region, I finally located a few in other regions (3 in the DC area and one in Atlanta). One of the dealers in the D.C. area beat all the other quotes I got in order to pay for my travel expenses to come pick it up. So I flew there from Cleveland and drove it back.

Congrats on your purchase!

Salud,
Jon

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Just to make sure what does the LED headlights look like? And the new wheels? I like the Detroits, it makes our car look more like a GTI(I'm used to seeing these kind of wheels on our cars now)

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. Is your on the 'Cougar Ace' ship expected to get to Halifax on July 11th? Or does yours come from the West Coast (http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf)?

I just placed an order for a specific 2012 GTI (CW DSG, fully loaded), of which only 1 is coming to Ontario (luckily wasn't sold), has been built already, and will be on that ship barring any issues. My dealer pulled up the site they use to check for this stuff and it said should be in Ontario August 8th or so.

Is anybody else having trouble with this link?

My dealer is being a tightass as far as info goes. Won't tell me anything about possible delivery dates, still claims to know nothing about the '12s at all...:mad0259:

Grexx

Me and my wife ordered a 2012 CW GTi. My dealer emailed us that the boat arrived in Halifax on June 9. We were told that the 2012 pricing is available around July 15th. We figure we will get our car first week of July if we are lucky. Let the waiting game begin.

As for the LED lights; love the look on them but the wheels I'm kinda on the fence with it. Just gotta see it in person I guess. Next trip will be at a local R tail lights dealer.:D

Maybe someone who lives in Halifax can go to the yard for me and take a few snap shots of my car.:thumbup:

lalalaprise

Ready to race!
Is anybody else having trouble with this link?

My dealer is being a tightass as far as info goes. Won't tell me anything about possible delivery dates, still claims to know nothing about the '12s at all...:mad0259:

Hillcrest or Steele??

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Hillcrest or Steele??

Hillcrest. I've had bad experiences with Steele in the past, so I'd rather avoid them if possible. I'm also not a fan of HUGE monopolizing, multi-brand dealerships like Steele, no personal service.