GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM Golf R Cat-back?

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
I think I'm in love, as much as I used to talk shit about the company I think I might just have to buy this:

No sound clips, no price, but my god...Discuss.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Definitely a beautiful exhaust. Saw some drama with HPA claiming it looked "familiar" and then a link to their own system. Ah, the VW aftermarket parts world.

I could care less who copied who though. Just want quality and performance at a fair cost - all of which SPM is definitely good at.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
I heard the prototype in Daytona. It is very mellow but that vacuum valve makes a huge difference Insound when opened up
How do you think that would mate up to a non-SPM downpipe?

A_Bowers

How do you think that would mate up to a non-SPM downpipe?

They should provide a slip fit connector adapter same as the GTI unit.

I've installed three different cat backs on other members cars within the past few weeks and they've all used different brands of downpipes. One was ultimate racing the other was USP and the other was APR. There hasn't been an issue il using the adapter.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
They should provide a slip fit connector adapter same as the GTI unit.

I've installed three different cat backs on other members cars within the past few weeks and they've all used different brands of downpipes. One was ultimate racing the other was USP and the other was APR. There hasn't been an issue il using the adapter.
Damnit, there goes my money.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Is this a HPA or SPM? Haha J/K!

I only wish they had a offset on the V-Bands to allow easier installation and better leak protection.

Candy Coated Comet VW

Ready to race!
looks good i have heard nothing but good things about them and there product line. Had i not already gone in the direction i went i would have gone with them.

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Damnit, there goes my money.

Haha wtf. Already have spm downpipe. Just bought magnaflow catback today and hours later you post this. Didn't think they would ever come out with it

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Now if they only made one for the gti. I would sell my apr in a heartbeat.

XSSIVE

Ready to race!
Man that does look good. I actually like it better than the HPA. Two mufflers Vs four is cleaner looking and must weight just a bit less too. The tips are also nicer looking than all of the HPA options.

Last edited:

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Now if they only made one for the gti. I would sell my apr in a heartbeat.

They do just dosent look the same since exhaust dosent exit in center like it does on the r. The gti one still has two mufflers in rear though just like this one

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Intro Pricing:
-Street Tubroback: $1826.50
-Track Turboback: $1652.30
-Catback: $1191.12

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Haha wtf. Already have spm downpipe. Just bought magnaflow catback today and hours later you post this. Didn't think they would ever come out with it

Aw Fail. I replied to your comment on FB on Tuesday, I tried to stop you but I couldn't say too much.

Sooo... How much would Magnaflow charge you to return it? :)