GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG cooler kit

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Same company who does kits for the EVO X MR and some other car with this type of transmissions / gearboxes;whatever you wanna call them. This must be nice with a heavy dutty application.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I have a friend who just installed it.. You have a switch on/off as it's really noisy for daily driving!

Is he putting a big turbo and beefing up the DSG?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
wuts the point of putting a big turbo? it's not going to roll or fit in the cup

That is the reason I ask,since the application for the DSG cooler might be just unnecessary for DD.

His car is pretty heavy moded... AWD conversion Gti gtx2876 with uni BT tune, stage 2 DSG tune, SSP clutch, SSP DSG cooler, peloquin LSD, AEM WM and soon INA oil cooler

He is not racing it no but even when I was only stage 2 I had ECU stopping my car because of DSG temperature... It gets pretty hot here.

huge waste of money.
A DSG Cooler aside from a DSG flash is really the only modification you need.
"seals" and "upgraded clutches" really do nothing when there are guys out there putting down 700+Nm of torque on OEM clutches with just a cooler (and some without!).

A DSG Cooler aside from a DSG flash is really the only modification you need.
"seals" and "upgraded clutches" really do nothing when there are guys out there putting down 700+Nm of torque on OEM clutches with just a cooler (and some without!).

Actually even worse the ones I know with SSP clutches pack are usually the ones that have slipping clutches...

It's good to have the on/off function, I ll try to work out a DIY to use it with a oem button of the central console

Mattskiis

Ready to race!
Are there any other solutions out there like this still? Anyone have any feedback on this setup?

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Are there any other solutions out there like this still? Anyone have any feedback on this setup?

Matt, there are a few options to for dsg cooler. First is a OEM setup replacing the stock one with a more bars one.

I wonder how much bigger the "D" revision is

Then there is this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/02E-DQ250-DSG-6-transmission-oil-cooling-kit-cooler-VW-Audi-Skoda-RS-Golf-GTI-R-/121986904382?hash=item1c66fc713e:g:vvAAAOSwVL1WArKA&vxp=mtr

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I am running the upgraded "C" version. Not sure if it makes a difference since I have no real way of logging trans temps, but "should" provide a bit better cooling.

As for the ebay and other coolers, from what I have gathered unless you are running a higher end setup that incorporates a pump and such I would avoid them. In the end you are forcing your trans to push hot fluid even further now (sometimes against gravity) which results in pressure drops and rough shifts and such.