GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 MK6 vs BMW 745Li

VEGASVWGTI

Ready to race!
So I just had to share though this may not surprise as many of you as it did me: Not a true vs but interesting nonetheless
I was out simply enjoying the GTI a bit and behaving myself of course when a 745Li decides to start driving real aggressive behind me and weaving a bit. I had to come to a complete stop abruptly near the freeway on ramp because a pedestrian was crossing the street at twilight and was hard to see. Well as soon as I started to turn left onto the freeway and shifted to 2nd the BMW almost ran into me. So I saw it was quite clear ahead at least a 1/2 mile and said why not? Pulled hard from third, when passing 5K I could see the 745Li getting dropped, shifted pulled 4th all the way through and I guess you can image my speed by now and yes I was clearly leaving him behind. No question about it at this point. Finally the superlegal velocity we had attained was getting a bit out of hand and I let off only to see him catch up, weave wildly, slam on the brakes as he was coming up on a car doing 65 and surge away at the same speed as before. I think he was mad :lol: Truthfully I doubt this would have been possible had the on ramp not had a slight down grade and become relatively flat. It sure was fun in any event. OK end of story :;):