GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**2nd Official OEM Golf R LED Tail Group Buy**

A3Vorsprung

Thanks brah. Dude on Vortex said the same thing.

I noticed today (first day taking it out since wiring the rear fog (without VAG) that my passenger LED DRL was not functioning. I wired everything back to stock so that I could bring it into the dealer to fix whatever had blown (i was praying a fuse... but couldnt find any reference for the drl fuse).

Well. In the stock setup, the DRL works again!!!! Is this supposed to happen as well?! I'm not going to attempt it until I get my VCDS. :iono:

KanDyWyte, If you have halogen headlights the RF DRL circuit may be an issue with the wire swap. I would swap the wires rather than tape the
blue/green one off as mentioned in #567.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4898893-LED-tail-Install-with-or-without-Rear-Fog.&p=69819696&viewfull=1#post69819696

Sounds like a wiring and coding miscommunication. I have halogen headlights and led tails with fog and everything is working correctly. But I have my DRL disabled, which might be another solution to your problem unless you really want DRL. I disabled the DRL so I can utilize the parking light function of the euro switch without my DRL's being on. And I like to think it will increase my bulb life having DRL disabled.

I'm not sure about the xenons. But you probably just need to find the correct byte 18 code if you have xenons.

Last edited:

veeDubin6

Ready to race!
I contacted Jeff (Grownman) immediately, then we got in touch with BKS, they sent out the email to check if any other buyer has the same issue. Chances are another "buyer" has my inner right tail light...

seeee i would think it would be me with all my bad luck, but i installed mine already.....

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
KanDyWyte, If you have halogen headlights the RF DRL circuit may be an issue with the wire swap. I would swap the wires rather than tape the
blue/green one off as mentioned in #567.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4898893-LED-tail-Install-with-or-without-Rear-Fog.&p=69819696&viewfull=1#post69819696

Sounds like a wiring and coding miscommunication. I have halogen headlights and led tails with fog and everything is working correctly. But I have my DRL disabled, which might be another solution to your problem unless you really want DRL. I disabled the DRL so I can utilize the parking light function of the euro switch without my DRL's being on. And I like to think it will increase my bulb life having DRL disabled.

I'm not sure about the xenons. But you probably just need to find the correct byte 18 code if you have xenons.

Thanks for replying. I have a 2012 AB w/ xenons, so my DRL's are the LED's in the headlight. I've grown to like them a lot and dont want to turn them off. I'm going to attempt the rear fog wiring again once my VCDS arrives and if it isnt fixed with coding, I'm just going to give up and leave it as is. The tails work perfect with the plug and play; however, the rear fog turns on when the car is in reverse. The rear fog is not worth it to me to lose the DRLs. :mad0259:

There was a guy on vortex with my same setup (LED DRL's + xenons) who VAG'd it and everything works fine. So, i'm going to try that out as a last attempt, but I have a feeling that youre right and it has to do with wiring not being compatible. :iono:

A3Vorsprung

Oh sorry. Yea if I had LED's in the headlights I wouldn't want to get rid of them either. I also got gummi bears packaged in the adapter bag.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for replying. I have a 2012 AB w/ xenons, so my DRL's are the LED's in the headlight. I've grown to like them a lot and dont want to turn them off. I'm going to attempt the rear fog wiring again once my VCDS arrives and if it isnt fixed with coding, I'm just going to give up and leave it as is. The tails work perfect with the plug and play; however, the rear fog turns on when the car is in reverse. The rear fog is not worth it to me to lose the DRLs. :mad0259:

There was a guy on vortex with my same setup (LED DRL's + xenons) who VAG'd it and everything works fine. So, i'm going to try that out as a last attempt, but I have a feeling that youre right and it has to do with wiring not being compatible. :iono:

I've got a 2012 as well and had the same problem with my left DRL when i first changed the coding. Coding for the '12s is a bit different than the 10-11's so as long as the guy on vortex also has a 12 you'll probably find it'll work this time around...

good luck :thumbsup:

kniteshift

Ready to race!
anyone in the SF area need coding done? I will be meeting up another member sometime this weekend for vag.

edit:

please be sure to have the appropriate coding information. All I will provide is the cable and software.

Last edited:

TDIVIGolf

Damn didn't check this post in time to take advantage of kniteshift's offer......
anyone near Palo Alto (bay area CA) able to help with some coding?

kniteshift

Ready to race!
Damn didn't check this post in time to take advantage of kniteshift's offer......
anyone near Palo Alto (bay area CA) able to help with some coding?

yesterday got cancelled due to weather issues.

rescheduling for sometime this week. Probably this coming friday or saturday.

Banned
Just installed the tails purchased form the third GB on my GF's car... Trying to figure out the coding on a 2012 HALOGEN car but I've only seen xenon's or older halogens.

illDub6

Ready to race!
PLEASE HELP, ! i noticed today that my right tail light has precipitation all on the inside. Noticed it for the first time today :( PLease Help i dont know what to dooo :(