GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Younger GTI owners car payments

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
I bought mine new in oct 2013. No downpayment and my interest was like 3%. Im paying about $530 a month. Its a little steep but my maintenance is all paid for 3 years. I was 22 when i got it. Since then I realized I made a mistake.

Should've got a Golf R.

crzystve42

Ready to race!
Bought mine Nov of 2012. I was 19 years old. Payments are just under $240 per month.

And no, daddy didn't buy it for me. It was all my hard-earned money

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
mommy and daddy bought it for me. I'm one lucky kid. all the mods were me though :D love my job to death.

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Got it myself and paying $260 a month. All mods are through me - pretty affordable

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
im interested to know the price paid for the car and if anyone had a downpayment or trade in. Some of these monthly payments are low.

EDIT: just realized the guy above me has a golf not a gti

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Bought mine Nov of 2012. I was 19 years old. Payments are just under $240 per month.

And no, daddy didn't buy it for me. It was all my hard-earned money
Might want to say how much you put down cause at your age the time you bought it with no cosigner brand new i doubt your paying 240 a month if you bought it an not leased without putting a huge amount of money down theres no way your paying that

Mbutler183

Ready to race!
Bought my GTI at the age of 20 from Carmax (I work there as a salesman so I knew a little more than your average 20 year old)

I was approved by myself at 4% - $400 per month. 22 Now.
I do however make about 3500-4500 per month (commission)

Working full time and in school.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Got my then-new '11 GTI from my parents delivered 11 days after my 21st bday and I would lie to people and say that it was my 21st birthday gift from my parents cuz I was a douche like that. Reality was, I needed a car and that was the earliest that I could come back from college for the summer. My mother especially hates anything used so I wasn't allowed to get that gorgeous (and cheaper) E46 ZHP that I was drooling over.

I've been financially independent since 23 and at 24 I cut my father a cheque for about $17,000 in cash. That was our agreement at 21 and though it was not for the full price of the car, paying my parents back has been one of the most rewarding things I've done yet.

Skandelouz

My intrest rate is at 14% and I'm 19 years old. My mom Co signed for me but I'm making payments on my own of 410 dollars, and insurance of about 244 with a clean driVing record but I'm under 25 so it's fucking me over... I still pay rent at home, I pay 300 dollars rent and 110 for my phone bill cuz of t mobiles jump program and unlimited 4G lte and all that bs. Therefore, the rest of my money goes towards gas. My car is basically stock tho besides a borla Catback and a 1000 dollar sound system (I love music lol) but imo it's better than owning a honda like most kids my age in the area!

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Bought mine at 23 on my own with little down. Interest rate under 2% and I pay just under $400 a month.

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
I see you have quite a few responses but might as well add mine since it would be useful for those looking to purchase...

I had a score of 620~ and had a credit card for a year to get there. my parents credit is horrible (lost the house) but I had no choice other than cosigning with my mother. I believe hers was around 500.

I'm paying 500 a month lol. getting raped but looking to refi in a few months. I must say its been worth every penny :D

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Bought my GTI at the age of 20 from Carmax (I work there as a salesman so I knew a little more than your average 20 year old)

I was approved by myself at 4% - $400 per month. 22 Now.
I do however make about 3500-4500 per month (commission)

Working full time and in school.

Taking home average $4k per month at 22 in Florida? ;)

1slowGTI1

Ready to race!
Wife and I make nearly 200k a year and I'm so paranoid of tuning it. I dunno how you kids do it. I don't think I was ever so carefree haha.