GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

16 lbs steel or 9 lbs aluminum flywheel???

Jimmy orange

Passed Driver's Ed
16 lbs steel or 9 lbs aluminum flywheel??? Which one should I go with. Some are saying steel one and others say aluminum. Need help ASAP.

Letus

Passed Driver's Ed
Lightweight flywheel if you like super loud idle chatter. Otherwise get the steel and have less idle chatter.

Jimmy orange

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't necessarily mind the chatter cause I got loud exhaust but is there a big difference for 19 steel to 9 aluminum. Does it make that much of a difference in, revs faster and acceleration?

Letus

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it ok for your daily driver to sound like a helicopter at idle with the clutch out?

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Is it ok for your daily driver to sound like a helicopter at idle with the clutch out?

x2...i had fx350 with single mass flywheel probably was like 18lbs if i remember...crap was loud and unbearable...and everyone questions if there is something wrong with your car. 9lb would be pretty crappy to drive daily especially if u live in a big city.

Jimmy orange

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't live in a real big city but so I ordered the 16lbs steel. Am I going to see a difference in revs and pull. Yall making it seam like the aluminum are just crazy loud.

Letus

Passed Driver's Ed
Unless you are building a racecar there isn't a real compelling reason to go with an aluminum flywheel. If you are gonna get an aluminum flywheel then you'd be better off getting a multi plate clutch.