GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R rattle noise after turbo-back install

kelmadics

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all,

Is it normal to have this rattle noise that is coming from the CAI which i never noticed before? This only happened after installing a turboback and car runs fine. It just sounded like marble got sucked in the intake or 2 thick plates banging. I am pretty sure its not the heat shield for the filter also because i tried holding that and looked at that part. Went under the car too but i cant pinpoint where its coming from but maybe inside the engine?

https://youtu.be/WLauw8_f-1Y

So does anyone also experience this?

I also got a pronounce rattling at 2000 rpm when I let go of the gas that's located maybe at the bottom passenger side. I am thinking fuel lines?

Thanks for the replies!

kelmadics

Passed Driver's Ed
Dammit man:paddle: You made the video in vertical. This made it impossible to see if you had a catch can which would explain the noise as normal. Always film in horizontal:thumbsup:

Ahh I apologize. I did have a catch-can (42dd ultimate catch can) which i installed a day after the turbo-back. So I guess that explains the problem but why so?

kelmadics

Passed Driver's Ed
just to update this. I finally fixed the rattles.

The last one was because one of the flanges of the 42dd catback is rubbing against the heatshield and the resonator was very close again to one of the heatshield.