GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

Jsobo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys lookin g for some confirmation, mk6 golf tdi, would 17X7 offset 42, with 205/40/17 tires fit, without any issues. And if so what is the biggest profile i can go when i am changing the tires?

Also anyone have this rim on their golf? Just wondering how it looks?

17x7 (205/40/17) is smaller than stock lagunas or detroits which are 18x7.5 et51 with 225/40/18 so fitment wont be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
Not sure if I'm posting in the right thread, but here goes.
Just installed a set of Michelin PSS stock size on oem wheels and had a four wheel alignment done, and all of a sudden my tires rub on bigger bumps. Especially the right rear, you can see a grove where it was touching the inside of the wheel well. I'm running ecs tuning 10.5 front and 12.5 rear spacers.
What I don't understand is that with the original dunlops there was no rubbing at all. Are the Michelins that much taller? One thing that sticks out is that the tech who aligned my car said the rear camber was way out, is it possible "correcting" that brought my tires out too far on top and now it rubs?
Don't want to lose the spacers, but wondering if adding some camber will keep it from rubbing but kill the tires faster?
Thanks in advance for any feedback /thoughts.

AceZX

Passed Driver's Ed
17x7 (205/40/17) is smaller than stock lagunas or detroits which are 18x7.5 et51 with 225/40/18 so fitment wont be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks, so the rs4 replicas should be fine as well 17x7.5 offset 42 with 205/50/17 tires should be more than fine.

Sindre

looking for some new rimes 8.5x18 et40 front and 9.5x18 et45 rear. Will the rimes rear be able to tuck? or will i hit the fender?215/40 up front and 225/40 rear Or should i go for 205/40 front? i`m on H&R low. Have some rubbing issue in the front now with 215/35x19 with 8.5x19 et45. Done the screw mod.

StayStetti

Banned
Not sure if I'm posting in the right thread, but here goes.
Just installed a set of Michelin PSS stock size on oem wheels and had a four wheel alignment done, and all of a sudden my tires rub on bigger bumps. Especially the right rear, you can see a grove where it was touching the inside of the wheel well. I'm running ecs tuning 10.5 front and 12.5 rear spacers.
What I don't understand is that with the original dunlops there was no rubbing at all. Are the Michelins that much taller? One thing that sticks out is that the tech who aligned my car said the rear camber was way out, is it possible "correcting" that brought my tires out too far on top and now it rubs?
Don't want to lose the spacers, but wondering if adding some camber will keep it from rubbing but kill the tires faster?
Thanks in advance for any feedback /thoughts.

Double check your alignment sheet. Either it was messed up before or it's messed up now. A bit of extra camber won't affect tire life that much.

StayStetti

Banned
looking for some new rimes 8.5x18 et40 front and 9.5x18 et45 rear. Will the rimes rear be able to tuck? or will i hit the fender?215/40 up front and 225/40 rear Or should i go for 205/40 front? i`m on H&R low. Have some rubbing issue in the front now with 215/35x19 with 8.5x19 et45. Done the screw mod.

with enough camber they'll tuck. 205's will be good up front. You could probably fit a 215 if you wanted. May just think about 215's all around?

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
Double check your alignment sheet. Either it was messed up before or it's messed up now. A bit of extra camber won't affect tire life that much.
The alignment is spot on, we double checked it the next day and all within spec. I took the spacers off, problem solved. Another forum member told me he had the same problem when he installed the same tires with his spacers on. The super sports sit wider than the stock tires, and looking at it next to another gti with the oem dunlops they are definitely meatier.
Surprising though, my set up was 3mm less in the rear than what ecs sells as a flush kit. I guess they check it with stock tires. Anyone looking to get a kit should really consider what tires they have on before ordering. Looks like I'll have a set for sale soon lol.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
The alignment is spot on, we double checked it the next day and all within spec. I took the spacers off, problem solved. Another forum member told me he had the same problem when he installed the same tires with his spacers on. The super sports sit wider than the stock tires, and looking at it next to another gti with the oem dunlops they are definitely meatier.
Surprising though, my set up was 3mm less in the rear than what ecs sells as a flush kit. I guess they check it with stock tires. Anyone looking to get a kit should really consider what tires they have on before ordering. Looks like I'll have a set for sale soon lol.

The Michelin PSS tires generally fit like the next size up. So, If you bought 225s, they are going to fit more like a 235. Generally, the higher performance summer tires will fit this way, but to different degrees. I just went from 225 snow tires on my MK5 R (that fit just fine) to 225 UHP Summer tires and was rubbing pretty bad. Granted, I run an ET35 rather than the recommended ET45.

AceZX

Passed Driver's Ed
more than fine. but why a 50 series? I'd just run a 225/45 really

Yeah i plan to switch the tires out to some 215/45/17 general exclaims that i have from my 300zx, but the rims came with the tires, so just wanted to make sure i could use the tires come winter time.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Might be pulling the trigger on a nice set of wheels some time soon and getting rid of mine. My question is, how can 17x10 et35 fit in the rear with a 225/45 tire? I've researched a bit and people say all you need is a pull and some camber but anyone know about how much camber I'll need? Like just a rough estimate. Thanks!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
P.S. I'm also static like 24" ftg area or a little bit higher but might go lower

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
Might be pulling the trigger on a nice set of wheels some time soon and getting rid of mine. My question is, how can 17x10 et35 fit in the rear with a 225/45 tire? I've researched a bit and people say all you need is a pull and some camber but anyone know about how much camber I'll need? Like just a rough estimate. Thanks!!

I am assuming max camber with that setup. Seems a bit aggressive.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
I am assuming max camber with that setup. Seems a bit aggressive.
Really? Damn.. Because it seemed like 10" wide in the rear with offset in the lower 20's was considered aggressive from what I was researching. So I just kinda figured ET35 would be ok with max or almost max rear camber.