GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
some weights of (Euro-spec) 235/35 R19 91Y tires by German sportscar magazine "SportAuto":

the lightest four:

Dunlop SportMxx RT: 8,7 kg
Conti SportContact 5P: 8,9 kg
Pirelli P Zero: 9,0 kg (summer tire, not the crappy US-spec all-seasons)
Hankook S1 evo²: 9,0 kg

Sadly, Michelin and GoodYear were missing.

zrickety

The Fixer
The continental DWS are light too, I'm very happy with them. Goodyear are typically heavy tires.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
These are pretty light for the size. 3 Piece Forgeline ZX3R

F: 19x8.5 ET 45 1.5 inch stepped lip
R: 19x8.5 ET 45 2.5 inch stepped lip

21.6 pounds on bathroom scale.

0331151936.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Beautiful car and impressive wheels!

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
I like lightweight wheels

ran Neuspeed RSE07 18x8 et45 19.3lbs for a couple years on 225/40/18 Hankook evo v12s. Was very happy moving to them from VMR VB3s, and only made the move because the VMRs despite being 18x8.5 et45 wouldn't clear my BBK, but I wasn't seriously looking to change anything.

Did the lug bolt conversion a couple months later, only cuz they were offered to me by the guys who sold and installed the BBK on my car at dealer cost and free install (thanks Dave & AU Tuning), but didn't do the M14 to M12 conversion so I had tuner lug nut envy.

RotaryK seduced me into buying the ADVAN RS wheels in 17" when I wasn't even thinking of changing anything about my set up. I was looking for new wheels because I was sorta tired of the 7 spoke design, but I was looking at 18x8 or wider. The Advans are 17x8, et47 and a ridiculous 15.5lbs. Well-made paperweights are heavier, honestly.

Jshay but even more, RacingManiac influenced my thinking more and more towards beefier and beefier tires... 255/40/17 Hankook evo v12s.

Fender work has been done. I still need about 1.5 to 2 degrees of camber front and back. Camber plates are on deck. Thanks a lot guys... Where will this all end? Also, I need to learn to take a faqin' picture. I'm ashamed of how bad I make my car and wheels look, cuz in person they are really nice... smh.

Last edited:

jshay

Go Kart Champion
There's RPF1s that are 9 wide. I forgot the offset but you'll need to run wobble bolts or redrill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk