GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine whine while off accelerator

Gino936

Ready to race!
So this morning I turn on my car and go. As soon as I stop at the first stop sign I immediately hear a high pitched whining noise at idle. I continue driving and the sound seems to be directly related to how much power I feed the engine.
Hey yall,

When I am giving it about half power it goes away completely. However it returns in between shifts into any gear as I release the accelerator. Coasting will also bring back the sound.

The noise is a constant whine and comes from the engine bay, but due to its volume I am unable to locate the source of the noise with the hood open.

I drove the car normally yesterday and the sound was not occurring when it was shut down last night.

I searched and found a few threads, but none with the same noise that I am experiencing. Unable to take a video at the moment, but any initial thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Which part of the bay area are you located at?

Gino936

Ready to race!
Problem solved, had a hole in the hose that connects from my boost tap to boost gauge, apparently it got nicked by the fan somehow, duct tape that hole and no sound. :thumbup: