GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 MK6 vs. stock R32 vs. stock 335i

iwannagofast1

What kind of 335i is it? The convertible weighs about 400lbs more than the coupe. The convertible weighs about as much as a 535i and I can take my dads 535i from any speed by a couple lengths. The race with the coupe would be closer than a lot of you think. Don't get me wrong, i'd still go with the 335i up to 120mph, I just think it will be close.

JhnR

Banned
a stage 2 would walk a 335. but a 335 would catch up top but after 100mph.. that fair.

with my JB3 i pushed 340whp/360wtq. car was STUPID fast. but to many problems. :(. sometimes i wish i didnt lemon it and kept it..

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
I ran an .:R32 when I was stage 1 with intake and put a few car lengths on him. I also ran a brand new 335i sedan on my way home from a car meet; we did a 50 roll(3rd gear) and I pulled on him like 1/2 a car in 3rd and another 1/2 car in 4th, by 110 I was a car ahead when he let off. He had that dual clutch auto tranny, and was solo in his car. I'm sure if we would have kept going he would have passed me but he was impressed ;).

335i's have a standard auto not a dual clutch...only m3's and the and the 335is which only came out for '11 have it...and only in a coupe

alexg

Passed Driver's Ed
quite interested in this race as I have a friend who also has a stock .:r32 ans always says 'I'll eat you eat you eat you' and a friend who has a stock 335i and everyone is impressed with his simply cause he has an exhaust and tinted tail lights ...
I'm stage 1 with the APR 3" in my garage and can't wait to put my summer wheels, spacers, new fogs, and 3" downpipe.

I'll invite them both, and see whatsup as I'm sure I can take them.

alexg

Passed Driver's Ed
If when you say exhaust you mean down pipes...stay away, he would be putting down well over 400whp

.:R's aren't fast...run him stage 1 and you'll put a bus on it

no downpipe on his car, only a catback bmw-performance from BMW itself, lots of noise, but I checked, he is still on stock downpipe. I said exhaust, not turbaback.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
What kind of 335i is it? The convertible weighs about 400lbs more than the coupe. The convertible weighs about as much as a 535i and I can take my dads 535i from any speed by a couple lengths. The race with the coupe would be closer than a lot of you think. Don't get me wrong, i'd still go with the 335i up to 120mph, I just think it will be close.

It is a coupe.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 4G using Tapatalk Pro

alexg

Passed Driver's Ed
you don't need a turboback to have downpipes and it is still an exhaust :thumbsup:

stick on the subject thanks.

and btw, an exhaust is usualy refered to a catback simply. a turboback includes a catback + downpipe, and a downpipe is not necessarly an exhaust.

all in all, I stated he had a exhaust and not a downpipe so don't come and argue etc.. it won't change the fact he has no aftermarket downpipe and has simply a loud catback.
thank you very much, move onto the next subject.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
stick on the subject thanks.

and btw, an exhaust is usualy refered to a catback simply. a turboback includes a catback + downpipe, and a downpipe is not necessarly an exhaust.

all in all, I stated he had a exhaust and not a downpipe so don't come and argue etc.. it won't change the fact he has no aftermarket downpipe and has simply a loud catback.
thank you very much, move onto the next subject.

A downpipe would be completely useless on his car...to be honesty you are sounding like a douche...discussing a car you want to run IS on subject

and btw, an exhaust is any component after the exhaust side of the of the valves...turbo manifolds, turbos, downpipes, mid pipe, catback, axle back...its all exhaust

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
A downpipe would be completely useless on his car...to be honesty you are sounding like a douche...discussing a car you want to run IS on subject

and btw, an exhaust is any component after the exhaust side of the of the valves...turbo manifolds, turbos, downpipes, mid pipe, catback, axle back...its all exhaust

If you are saying a downpipe won't do anything for the 335 car then I completely disagree with you. Any turbo powered car that gets a downpipe exhaust will make a difference. As for the person you quoted as being a douche i'll agree with you on that one lol. In all honesty you are staying on topic by discussing about the cars from the OP's origianl post you are just giving some insight to what the cars he will be racing might have.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
You need 2 downpipes for a 335...it has 2 turbos...downpipes+tune=over 400whp

1 dp will make it run like shit(unless its an 11 with a single twin scroll turbo) haha

yea lol all you need is a jb4 (juice box) and those bitches haul ass! haha for the op even if you are stage 2 the 335 you will race will be a close one. Never underestimate the 335 cars and like DRedman45 said these bitches after a chip can easily be over 400 hp. The car comes equiped with two turbos as opossed to our tiny ass little turbo lol

alexg

Passed Driver's Ed

I beleive he has the N55 in his 335 wich is an inline 6 with one turbo, thus the reason I am talking about 1 downpipe only and not 2.

I'm not a douche actually, and I dislike that you think that as I am in no way attacking you are whatever, simply discussing cars. And if there was any confusion, then I am sorry for that.

To me, I simply thought an exhaust meant simply the catback as it is what I usually hear. I never heard a downpipe was principaly a downpipe.

But it is all good, and sorry for all the confusion.

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
stage 2 vs 335i automatic (2007-8 i think) 25 roll - im out in front untill about 110 mph then he slowly pulls ahead. thats a win in my book because it takes way more than a 1/4 mile for him to catch up.

i am unsure about the newer 335i's they now have a twin clutch auto like ours so with the extra power they will likely win.

Hmmm... Fool must not know how to drive. I killed many cars with my 335, even when it was stock.