GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GB: D1/2/3s xenon lights for projector headlights! Competes for half the price!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
CaNANDian - sorry to hear this. Now we are not passing blame but would like to have some more information on the situation.

How old is your battery?

Do you have any other VCD mods?

Was the connection secure pins/aligned and nothing loose?

We never seen the issue like this and not sure why it would happen, these would and should function exactly like your OEM bulbs.

We ask about the battery/vcd/connection as those are the 3 main issues we have seen in the past when customers have similar issues. It is sometimes a coincidence that the issue appears after you install a new bulb.

Please keep us updated.

We also have not seen any emails or logs on this issue, did you post it here before contacting us for help?

Thank you

CaNANDian

Ready to race!
CaNANDian - sorry to hear this. Now we are not passing blame but would like to have some more information on the situation.

How old is your battery?

Do you have any other VCD mods?

Was the connection secure pins/aligned and nothing loose?

We never seen the issue like this and not sure why it would happen, these would and should function exactly like your OEM bulbs.

We ask about the battery/vcd/connection as those are the 3 main issues we have seen in the past when customers have similar issues. It is sometimes a coincidence that the issue appears after you install a new bulb.

Please keep us updated.

We also have not seen any emails or logs on this issue, did you post it here before contacting us for help?

Thank you
No, I haven't done any VCD mods, battery is stock.

I'm a little confused though as why it would cause the city lights to be on when I drive when that's not possible without a euro switch. I haven't sent an email yet as I just came back from testing them out. I will see if they behave the same way tomorrow and go back to stock for now if the problem is still there.

The only thing that could be causing a problem is my dashcam I have which runs for up to 4 hours after I park, this might be effecting the voltage. I will see tomorrow if disabling that will stop the problem.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
No, I haven't done any VCD mods, battery is stock.

I'm a little confused though as why it would cause the city lights to be on when I drive when that's not possible without a euro switch. I haven't sent an email yet as I just came back from testing them out. I will see if they behave the same way tomorrow and go back to stock for now if the problem is still there.

The only thing that could be causing a problem is my dashcam I have which runs for up to 4 hours after I park, this might be effecting the voltage. I will see tomorrow if disabling that will stop the problem.

How old is the battery? A battery older than even 2.5 years can cause little issues:
-doesn't hold charges as well
-takes longer to charge while driving
-won't send out as much voltage as it should

We always find people say "I had batteries last 5 years" and it is normal for a battery to 'last' but it doesn't mean it is working correctly and it can cause other issues in your car.

We are not saying that is an issue but it could be a factor.

The best way to fix the issue is to switch the bulb from one side to another to see if the issue follows, if it does it could be an issue with the bulbs internals and is covered under our warranty.

CaNANDian

Ready to race!
How old is the battery? A battery older than even 2.5 years can cause little issues:
-doesn't hold charges as well
-takes longer to charge while driving
-won't send out as much voltage as it should

We always find people say "I had batteries last 5 years" and it is normal for a battery to 'last' but it doesn't mean it is working correctly and it can cause other issues in your car.

We are not saying that is an issue but it could be a factor.

The best way to fix the issue is to switch the bulb from one side to another to see if the issue follows, if it does it could be an issue with the bulbs internals and is covered under our warranty.

As far as I know the battery is from 2011 and original, I got the car used last August. Haven't had any electrical or lighting problems before though.

Thanks for the replies, I hope it is actually the battery so I don't have to remove the bumper cover again :)

It seems like you are right though, since the bulb do actually come on for a little while.

I'll ask a local shop to test it out tomorrow.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
As far as I know the battery is from 2011 and original, I got the car used last August. Haven't had any electrical or lighting problems before though.

Thanks for the replies, I hope it is actually the battery so I don't have to remove the bumper cover again :)

It seems like you are right though, since the bulb do actually come on for a little while.

I'll ask a local shop to test it out tomorrow.

That would be considered an old battery and should be replaced either way to avoid any issues in the future or being left stranded.

Many times it is a battery issue though but if it is not, our lifetime warranty has you covered.

We are not saying it is the car and could easily be a bulb issue but we want to make sure you try to diagnose the issue first, being a used car were you able to use vcds to set it back to factory?

In past we have seen used cars have pretty strange VCD mods or other electrical gremlins from mods so we always tell people to check that first regardless, it can help avoid a lot more serious problems in the future.

And for the battery, you can probably do a stress test on it to see if it is working, we are not referring to a voltage check you can get done free at autozone, those will always show the battery working if it has charge, normally a stress test will test for how well it holds a charge, how long and how long it takes to recharge the battery.

Keep us updated.

Thank you

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I have never heard of an old battery causing headlights to work intermittently from side to side. I've had batteries die completely and my hids would work perfectly up to the point the battery is completely dead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I have never heard of an old battery causing headlights to work intermittently from side to side. I've had batteries die completely and my hids would work perfectly up to the point the battery is completely dead.

Hi, it can happen, please search google for this and you will see how it can happen and why.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything close to the op's symptoms. But it's not my issue so I don't have much time to commit to this. However, if you already did the search, feel free to post so we can be educated.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything close to the op's symptoms. But it's not my issue so I don't have much time to commit to this. However, if you already did the search, feel free to post so we can be educated.

A ballast is going to be started by your car's battery voltage.

But like we said it could be something else and we are not sure as we don't have all information after bulb is switched from one side to another or if OEM bulbs are reinstalled to see how the car acts.

It would also be good to know if the headlights are aftermarket or came stock with the car.

Once more information is gathered we can try to figure out the issue as you are right what he is describing is not something we saw before either.

CaNANDian

Ready to race!
Not trying to spam the thread, but I recorded a quick video too:

As you can see, the lights sometimes don't turn on at all while I pull the parking brake, or only the drivers side does.

I checked the fuses, and the previous owner installed a new battery in 2014. I have no voltage issues with any electronics in the car. My car has those front LEDs in the grille, full DeAuto interior LEDs, DeAuto license plate LEDs, OEM LED tails, hardwired dashcam, radio/tablet install. No problems before installing these bulbs.

I will switch back to stock tomorrow and check if the bulbs have any issues.

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Not trying to spam the thread, but I recorded a quick video too:

As you can see, the lights sometimes don't turn on at all while I pull the parking brake, or only the drivers side does.

I checked the fuses, and the previous owner installed a new battery in 2014. I have no voltage issues with any electronics in the car. My car has those front LEDs in the grille, full DeAuto interior LEDs, DeAuto license plate LEDs, OEM LED tails, hardwired dashcam, radio/tablet install. No problems before installing these bulbs.

I will switch back to stock tomorrow and check if the bulbs have any issues.

ok, we watched the video, does this normally happen when your car is not started more often or the same amount with your car started? And if you have the headlights in the on position and start the car does the HIDs always light?

A quick and simple test is to switch the bulbs, if the issue follows the bulb it could be a bad igniter in the bulb. It can also be a loose connection which is not allowing all the voltage to reach the bulb so switching sides and checking all connections could also fix the issue.

We sold many of these across the CC/MK6/7/5 Jetta and we have yet to see any issues so we really want to see if we can figure out an issue for any future questions or conclude it is an issue with the bulb.

CaNANDian

Ready to race!
ok, we watched the video, does this normally happen when your car is not started more often or the same amount with your car started? And if you have the headlights in the on position and start the car does the HIDs always light?

A quick and simple test is to switch the bulbs, if the issue follows the bulb it could be a bad igniter in the bulb. It can also be a loose connection which is not allowing all the voltage to reach the bulb so switching sides and checking all connections could also fix the issue.

We sold many of these across the CC/MK6/7/5 Jetta and we have yet to see any issues so we really want to see if we can figure out an issue for any future questions or conclude it is an issue with the bulb.

Same happens when the car is started as well.

If the headlight is in the on position already they still don't always come on.

I will switch the bulbs to the opposite sides tomorrow before I put in the stock ones and see if the problem is still there.

Just frustrating because I can't really drive at night since it's not very safe and I haven't had much time to switch them.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Same happens when the car is started as well.

If the headlight is in the on position already they still don't always come on.

I will switch the bulbs to the opposite sides tomorrow before I put in the stock ones and see if the problem is still there.

Just frustrating because I can't really drive at night since it's not very safe and I haven't had much time to switch them.

Yes we agree and apologize, we are putting ourselves in your shoes and understand this is frustrating and we honestly do feel terrible about this and we hope we can resolve the problem soon.