GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the deal with interior LED lights?

somerset91

Ready to race!
Hi. I like mods as the next guy, but I am not seeing why interior LED mods are so popular. What does it offer that traditional bulbs don't? Has anyone done the LED mods and underwhelmed by the results?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
We of course might say this because we sell them but we feel:
-LEDs give an upgraded appearance, all new 2016/17 models will have the clean white LEDs that now when you see a car with yellow lights it looks like an older model automatically
-LEDs of course will give you more light so many like this
-LEDs have a cleaner appearance and makes your car interior look a lot cleaner vs everything being draped in a dingy yellow tone.

On top of that you can choose from red dome lights or red, blue or white footwells which makes your car unique and you will receive a lot of compliments as it would be the first thing people see when they enter your car.

We feel some of these before and afters really can help show what we are saying:

stevennc

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, seeing them side by side like that they make a huge difference. I guess I have to add them to my wishlist :iono:

somerset91

Ready to race!
Maybe it's because I spend most of my day under fluorescent lighting that I like the mellow yellow look of the OEM bulbs.

Maybe I might do the footwells. Thanks everyone for your input. To each their own

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Maybe it's because I spend most of my day under fluorescent lighting that I like the mellow yellow look of the OEM bulbs.

Maybe I might do the footwells. Thanks everyone for your input. To each their own

We also have 4300k LEDs which are cleaner than incandescent but more "mellow":
4300k vs 6000k side by side photos

4300k vs 6000k:

If you are interested you just place an order and contact us after - it is not so popular but some have tried it and like it if they are not a fan of LEDs:
http://deautokey.com/product/14pc-c...kit-error-free-fits-09-up-volkswagen-golf-mk6

and yes we have many leds including footwells for your car - you can check it all out here:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-by-car-model-vw-gti-golf-mk6-2010-2014

Footwells:

We feel bad for anyone who doesn't like the white light of an LED as all cars even entry level cars now have LED dome lights at the very least.

But we hope our posts helps!

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Last edited: