GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gray Ghost 2010 CSG Autobahn - 2009 CW GTI - MK6 Road Warriors

zrickety

The Fixer
Run rabbit, run.

mg_90

Those aluminium rear spindles seem quite a good upgrade, I may do them while installing the coilovers, just want to know if you could answer some questions about them.

- Do they increase track width?
- Do they require longer bolts to attach them to the control arms? Maybe since the are made of aluminium that part is thicker and needs a longer bolt like in the front spindles for the brake caliper carrier.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Yes, I know I'll need the longer Passat caliper bolts. I haven't checked the rest of the hardware but I'm making an order list. Want to get everything at once to save on shipping. I'll update the thread with part numbers.
Here are the original Detroits with TPMS. They are for sale and I'll consider parting out individual wheels.

zrickety

The Fixer
Thanks N! The hole makes oil changes a snap and for better air flow.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Did an oil change today, giant hole made it a breeze. Airport run tomorrow to get my Dad. I have some pics but Tapatalk is not working for me.
Edit

Garage Mahal under construction

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Garage assembled. Now to wire up the electric and grade some dirt.

zrickety

The Fixer
More pics for the memories. 220' pvc and a flat tire. 117800 miles.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Anybody do trackdaze? I'm looking at Road Atlanta in October, or VIR in November...
Edit- registered for HPDE Nov 3-4 at VIR [emoji2]

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
So I did comparisons between the GTI and Passat/Tiguan rear knuckles...most of the bolts are the same, including the calipers. The top and bottom toe arm bolts are longer, 115mm vs 95mm. You'll need 4 total.
Part number N91076701
https://www.ecstuning.com/ES471835/

Mg_90 tipped me that the bolts for the trailing arm are longer as well, 40mm. You'll need 4 of those too. N10628401
He also tells me that we gain 10mm track width each side, for 20mm total increase.

Complete REAR hardware for Passat upgrades
N91076701 x4
N10628401 x4

For the aluminum fronts, you need longer pinch bolts, caliper bolts, and I opted to get new Passat ball joints with nuts. You'll also need a couple flange nuts on the tie rods that I forgot to order before. To my disbelief, it looks ECS tuning now has free shipping with no minimum!!
Nuts part number N10106402

Edit- complete FRONT hardware list for Passat upgrades
N10106402 x4
N90954802 x2
N91084901 x4
3C0407365A Febi left ball joint, includes nuts
3C0407366A Febi right ball joint

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Kids start school next week, so hoping to do some suspension work.
120k service coming quick. Here are the plugs I run for reference. Denso Platinum TT, less than $5 each.

zrickety

The Fixer
So today is the day. I'm ripping into my suspension. Aluminum rear housing weighs 3 lbs less (13.2 vs 16.2). I've got one side going back together with new mounts, DG springs and Koni. Stock shocks and Pro springs out! Long weekend ahead.

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
I was told track increase of 10mm total, but now I'm thinking per side. Got some poke in the back that is quite a change.

Before-

Wow