GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Tuner got an error message when trying to apply the uodate. APR was able to see the flash attempt and told me that ecu had to be cracked open a second time and then obd port flashing would be possible. I know it doesn’t make sense...

Sounds like your tuner may be misinformed?

IIRC the initial tune was a bench flash which required taking out the ECU. But any updates after that can be done via OBD.

When i had my tuner update me to v2.4 he had to try 4 times because he was having trouble connecting to my ECU. He said its happens sometimes but generally its limited to something being with the car.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Had the same issue going from Eurodyne to APR. The flash wasn't going through correctly--APR was able to access the shop's laptop and alter a few port settings and it worked fine after that.

FriggenT1

Banned
Had the same issue going from Eurodyne to APR. The flash wasn't going through correctly--APR was able to access the shop's laptop and alter a few port settings and it worked fine after that.

When I went from eurodyne to UM, it took quite a while, but they didnt have a file for my box code so after they got all that straight, there was no issue.

DontouchmyGLI

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like your tuner may be misinformed?

IIRC the initial tune was a bench flash which required taking out the ECU. But any updates after that can be done via OBD.

When i had my tuner update me to v2.4 he had to try 4 times because he was having trouble connecting to my ECU. He said its happens sometimes but generally its limited to something being with the car.

APR tech support told me I needed to be bench flashed a second time. The tuner could connect to my ECU but it would fail during the programming process. The shop only tried twice. But it took like 1hr and a half because of the setup, reseting pc, updates, calling support etc..

It might be something like that that is causing the error but the tuner's support didn't seem to be willing to help. Did yours stop at the programming step? At the same time why would APR tech support tell me that I need to open the ECU? Would they be correct or is it just incompetence?

dkg010

Passed Driver's Ed
depends on when you had the initial bench flash. mine had to be bench flashed again to update to 2.0. after that it works fine now through OBD. my initial 1.2 or whatever bench flash was early 2014. Happened to a few people i'm on 2.4 now or whatever the latest is. it was annoying cause a lot of tuners don't have the hardware anymore to do the bench flash and i guess it's pretty expensive and easy to break

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Update or not?

So I have followed this thread since the beginning.

I have a 2011, manual transmission and no other performance add ons. I have the original Stage 1 software from 6 years ago.

By and large I haven't had any issues with it.

But having read about so many issues and problems with it I don't know whether to update or just stay with the old software.

I know many of the issues have been with the DSG.

What do you guys think....should I update my software or is it more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks for your advice.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

I have a 2011, manual transmission and no other performance add ons. I have the original Stage 1 software from 6 years ago.

But having read about so many issues and problems with it I don't know whether to update or just stay with the old software.

What do you guys think....should I update my software or is it more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks for your advice.

Really comes down to your decision . Honestly with stage 2 high torque file and your toronto winter coming up...id wait till spring.

#spinfest

ahard48

Ready to race!

Thanks for your advice.

I am on an old version of St 1 as well and do not feel comfortable updating as of now.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I have no plans to go to Stage II.

I am simply talking about the software update for Stage I that this thread is about.

Do the problems outweigh the benefits of an update?

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

Noodle1

Ready to race!
It should be released here right? Just a few tweaks and we'll finally be happy