GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe+Tune or Haldex Controller

labrite34

Passed Driver's Ed
Help me decide.

I am Stage 1+ right now, VWR Intake, HPFP.
Sway bar, end links, stiff control arms, KW coilovers.

Should I go for the switchable haldex controller for less understeer? Or should I go for a downpipe + stock catback and tune for the better torque curve?

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
Do the downpipe with stock cat youll love it. Later on you can get the haldex

Mk6 Golf R | APR Stage 2+

audiohs

Passed Driver's Ed
If you're getting a controller, go with the competition controller instead of the switchable. Love mine.

labrite34

Passed Driver's Ed
If you're getting a controller, go with the competition controller instead of the switchable. Love mine.

Competition is race mode only? Does it reduced the longevity of the haldex clutch? I would like eco mode also as I do quite a bit of highway driving.

audiohs

Passed Driver's Ed
Competition is race mode only? Does it reduced the longevity of the haldex clutch? I would like eco mode also as I do quite a bit of highway driving.
Competition is like race mode but also retains rear driveline engagement under braking. I certainly notice more control when letting off the gas/braking into a corner.

Not sure if it causes any additional wear but I haven't read or heard about premature failure. I'd just be more religious on haldex fluid and filter changes with a controller.