GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

///RAI K04 Book Report. Check it out.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
I think it was like a 225ml or something in that range.

I believe the report mentioned 175ml. I may have missed it, but where was that mounted at?

also, this is great, thanks :thumbup:

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
You ever get around to getting the comparison?

:)

No never did do it, right now im running a "base file" from Eurodyne, which by the seat of my pants feels stronger than the stage 2 APR. but i have no dyno or anything to back that up. I'll be getting to the track soon to compare times, i have a best time of 13.9@100 with APR stage 2 so i want to see if i can trap higher than last time.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
No never did do it, right now im running a "base file" from Eurodyne, which by the seat of my pants feels stronger than the stage 2 APR. but i have no dyno or anything to back that up. I'll be getting to the track soon to compare times, i have a best time of 13.9@100 with APR stage 2 so i want to see if i can trap higher than last time.

Looking forward to the results!

Dan, perhaps I misunderstood the book report but were any of the k04 runs without W/M? Have you had sucess with Maestro on any MK6 GLI's?

Thanks

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Looking forward to the results!

Dan, perhaps I misunderstood the book report but were any of the k04 runs without W/M? Have you had sucess with Maestro on any MK6 GLI's?

Thanks

yeah so am i, work has been a little bit crazy here so im hoping to get back out before the track closes for the season

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Dan, perhaps I misunderstood the book report but were any of the k04 runs without W/M? H

Also interested in this. I'm thinking about trying out Maestro but I'd like to see the power curve without meth. I'll probably add meth down the road but I'm interested to see what I can do without it.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Also interested in this. I'm thinking about trying out Maestro but I'd like to see the power curve without meth. I'll probably add meth down the road but I'm interested to see what I can do without it.

Dan doesn't work at RAI anymore, and he was the only person who had any idea how to really tune using maestro.

Ps. RAI probably won't ever show you a dyno without meth lmao

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Dan doesn't work at RAI anymore, and he was the only person who had any idea how to really tune using maestro.

Ps. RAI probably won't ever show you a dyno without meth lmao

That's unfortunate...
Is that why you were having issues before? Did you find someone else to tune your setup?

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
That's unfortunate...
Is that why you were having issues before? Did you find someone else to tune your setup?

My car still breaks up after 6k (where all my horsepower should be (between 6-7k))

All my hardware is top fucking notch, so it's gotta be my tune!

I'm not trying to put any more money in this car. I've paid for like 4 "rai dyno tuning sessions".. Each over $1,000.

Done with that.

Taking a break from spending money on this car. I just turn my boost down to 20-23 psi and call it a day. Done chasing big power (400whp) since no one seems to know how to achieve it.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
sounds like to me you're running out of fuel up top. I'm running Maestro, granted not BT like you, and have no issues with my tunes (yes i keep multiple on my laptop for the car)

Halvie

WOOSA
My car still breaks up after 6k (where all my horsepower should be (between 6-7k))

All my hardware is top fucking notch, so it's gotta be my tune!

I'm not trying to put any more money in this car. I've paid for like 4 "rai dyno tuning sessions".. Each over $1,000.

Done with that.

Taking a break from spending money on this car. I just turn my boost down to 20-23 psi and call it a day. Done chasing big power (400whp) since no one seems to know how to achieve it.

They made you pay for the tuning when you were getting "questionable" results?...

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
They made you pay for the tuning when you were getting "questionable" results?...

6k rpm and over is worse than "questionable". The whole point of going maestro was to make big power, "way more than Uni"... I hate to say anything negative about RAI. I like the guys up there. I just put wayyyyy too much dyno tuning money in Ray's pocket an didn't get much in return.

Halvie

WOOSA
6k rpm and over is worse than "questionable". The whole point of going maestro was to make big power, "way more than Uni"... I hate to say anything negative about RAI. I like the guys up there. I just put wayyyyy too much dyno tuning money in Ray's pocket an didn't get much in return.

trying not to be a dick mang

Should be getting free tunes till the shit is sorted out. Your car was mentioned by them as an example of what could be done after all...