GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Orangeville Volkswagen > Georgetown Volkswagen

24andpoor

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm going to write about my terrible experience at Georgetown VW from last September to this June and then my fantastic experience with Orangeville VW from this past week.
So I bought my 2010 4 door gti at the end of July 2015, it was in great shape, straight as an arrow, no noticeable idling problems or knocks and the interior was immaculate. Fast forward about a month and the car would be undrivable some days, perfectly fine on others. When it decided it wanted to act up, the car would rev on its own, sputter out and die while I was driving, go in and out of limp mode constantly and at times misfire on all four cylinders. The problem was obviously very alarming to begin with, but at least the car was driveable most of the time, usually it would go for about a week or two of running great and then have a couple of sad limp days where it seemed as if it was possessed. After using my uncles tool on the car and getting a p0221 code (throttle body wiring harness/pedal positioning sensor) I did a bit of searching online and found a tsb for the 09 gti that addressed an issue where the connections on the wiring harness would get pulled on by the movement of the engine and cause them to wear. Money not being a huge issue I took it into Georgetown vw and told the service rep there my story, I even had three videos of the different ways the car would act on startup. He seemed like a nice and knowledgeable guy, but when I suggested the tb wiring harness he just sort of brushed it off and said that that was a problem specific to the 09 and I didn't have to worry about it. To him it sounded like it needed a carbon cleaning and maybe have the tb replaced. So I left the car there for two days before hearing back from them saying that they had diagnosed the car (the rep claimed he called me twice the day before but I received no phone calls) and that the problem was as suspected and I needed the tb replaced and to have a carbon cleaning done. They also changed the oil while they were at it because he said that sometimes aftermarket oil filters can cause a litany of problems on this car (was unable to confirm this). The car was there for another 6 days which to me seemed like a ridiculously long time to run some cleaning agent through the valves, replace a tb and do an oil change. I was pretty annoyed with how nonchalant the rep was about contacting me, he didnt seem to be in a rush to get me my car back, I guess I should have had some red flags go up about the way they were handling it but I reassured myself that a dealership should know what they're doing (they're all employed by the company that makes the damn cars after all). All in all it was about $1500 CAD which I don't mind paying because I wanted the car to be done right. It was, for about six months, then two weeks ago today, only 10,000km after having it repaired, I got in the car to go to work and it was exibiting all the same sympoms only this time they didn't stop, there was no more one week of good driving followed by a couple of days of limp mode, the car was totally screwy this time. I called Georgetown Volkswagen five times and left messages for the rep (he was apparently never at his desk) in that week, in my messages I told him what was happening with the car and that I wanted it to be rediagnosed for free and hopefully get the repairs done through the good will program, I waited and waited but never got a response. So I drove my brothers car in there to talk to the service manager and he basically told me too bad, the good will program does not cover cars over 160,000km (I guess 155,000km > 160,000km?) and that they would not diagnose it for free even though the symptoms were almost exactly the same other than the time period in which they occurred. Wow okay so now I've got a car that doesn't run and the people I paid to fix it are taking zero responsibility for it.
That is when the heavens opened up and a hand reached down (god is a giant mexican woman) to touch me on the forehead and show me the amazing place that is Orangeville Volkswagen. I brought the car in on Wednesday night at 4pm, had a very pleasant time speaking with Joyce at the service desk who got their best mechanic on the job (I believe his name was either Mario or Marion) and he had the problem diagnosed within an hour. Guess what? The connections on the wiring harness were loose/shitty, exactly what I suggested to that preppy little ass in Georgetown. They also told me that I had two wheel bearings on the way out, whereas when I mentioned the wheel noise (wub wub wub sound) and wobblyness when at highspeeds/cornering to Georgetown, they claimed that my winter rims were bent. This eas after I told the guy that it had been acting this way with the Summers on too. Useless ass.
So $1150 CAD for a wiring harness and two new bearings and they had the car done yesterday (thursday) morning at 10 am. So it spent a total of eight days at Georgetown VW and they didn't even get to the root of the problem, it spent a night in Orangeville and not only did they remedy my engine issues they also replaced both wheel bearings and even reattached some bumper clips that had popped out below the rear passenger light from when some idiot backed into me at Longo's.
Sorry for the wall of text but I thought I'd share my experience and urge people that live north of the gta never to go to Georgetown Volkswagen and immediately go to Orangeville if you have a problem to bask in the warmth of all of their knowledgeable staff [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

24andpoor

Passed Driver's Ed
That's a shame - I've always had good service from Georgetown.
Well I'm glad to hear that, I'm sure they don't treat everyone like that or they wouldn't get much business.

After dealing with Georgetown I considered never getting another vw, after going to Orangeville my mind was changed almost immediately.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

gti grl1

Ready to race!
i have to agree with you on this.... I had a very bad experience with Goergetown and I made them reimburse every penny otherwise i threatened to ruin their google rating online!

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
i have to agree with you on this.... I had a very bad experience with Goergetown and I made them reimburse every penny otherwise i threatened to ruin their google rating online!

eeeeeeeeeeeee, affe watch h'out feh dem Trini gyal....:yikes::happyanim::clap::party0038:

michel

Ready to race!
what was the reps name? there is one rep there I had a problem with in the past with my dads car - switched reps and had no issues since. You probably got the same guy... You should email Jouko (the owner), he responds to every customer email.

Candubber

Ready to race!
They hate it when you go in there and tell them that you know what could be the problem lol! How dare you tell them how to do their job!

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Hey don't be messing with GTI_GRL she will mess you up bad. ;)

chuckle....i'll just tell her husband to hide her key :D