GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTi Mk6 buzzing sound at 2k / 3k rpm

fabio1

Ready to race!
Buzzing sound at 2k rpm - not wastegate rattle
Hi guys,

http://youtu.be/KTxPUCcju1Y

Own a Golf Gti Mk6 2012. Been hearing a buzzing sound each time the rev hits 2k rpm (whether throttling on or off). Sounds as though a motor is firing up. It is especially loud when the engine is on the boil and more obvious now that the wastegate rattle is fixed (turbo clip installed). Thought of getting this looked at during my interim oil change but that will be a long way to go and don't think I want to live with this noise any longer..Anyone else experiencing this? It's buzzing from the inside and can't be heard outside..

I HAVE THE SAME ANOYING SOUDN HE HAS. IS NOT THE it's not the infamous wastegate rattle . IS NOT THE soundaktor.

THE VIBRATION NOISE COMES FROM THE DRIVER VENT..

solutions??
im going to take out the dash board at this point....

Last edited:

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
It's such a new car that I would take it to a dealership and let them figure it out. No need to break your own head over it mate.

fabio1

Ready to race!
It's such a new car that I would take it to a dealership and let them figure it out. No need to break your own head over it mate.

yeah man. i did that..
at this point they broke my winshield.. and give me another AGC..
my curiosity is if this is an OEM windshield from factory.
I had been re searching and AGC and Sekurit are one option..

one friend here has AGC, My jetta has full Sekuirt. so at this point im very angry.

aslo some users form this forum tell me that hast Windshield AGC, and other full Sekurit. So if they don put me MY OEM German Windshield i will be more angry.. :(

2Quik4u

Hey bud,

Did they ever resolve the issue? I'm experiencing the exact same buzz.

Please let me know what you did to fix this irritating buzz.

Thanks in advance!