GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
FAAACKK no i don't have ANY of that! Except license and a title that clearly states REBUILT. lol.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
IDK I called the state salvage inspection place and they the lady said if i have a rebuilt title i should be good to go, and hope if i go to an actual DMV i will pass through, or atleast get temp plates.

Will keep yall posted :)

Meanwhile, lovin this car! :)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I do a bit but only since this dsg is a little rough around the edges. :/ gonna see if vw has any factory warranty left for it just in case somethings wrong.

Well the dmv trip was less than spectacular today. I had to pay $196 to the secretary of state and get temp plates. I guess i will find out in a few weeks if this thing is good to stay on the road, if i just need to get it inspected, or if i need to get a god damn rebuilder to do some bullshit paperwork to make it legit enough for illinois lol.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I do a bit but only since this dsg is a little rough around the edges. :/ gonna see if vw has any factory warranty left for it just in case somethings wrong.

Well the dmv trip was less than spectacular today. I had to pay $196 to the secretary of state and get temp plates. I guess i will find out in a few weeks if this thing is good to stay on the road, if i just need to get it inspected, or if i need to get a god damn rebuilder to do some bullshit paperwork to make it legit enough for illinois lol.

When was the dsg fluid last changed?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
31k miles i have the receipt for that

riceburner

Autocross Champion
BASICALLY heres the issues I've gathered.

When in drive mode, and trying to stop, the trans rows through the gears and gives me some resistance to stopping. Like stopping is not very linear and feels kinda rough. I really didn't notice it during test driving, yall know how that goes lol.

Idling of course is rough due to full stg2 engine mounts but it really feels bad when starting off from a stop. Sometimes i feel the car engage the gear slightly delayed and it doesn't exactly 'hit' or 'buck' as some have reported but it doesn't feel too pretty either. SOME gearshifts are delayed when i hit the paddle, if i am going WOT in full auto mode it seems to stay at redline before shifting sometimes. Believe it only is for the odd gears which seems reminiscent of some's complaints of a faulty mech. solenoid.

Finally, sometimes downshifting is a tad delayed, or 1st gear really is not smooth where the ones i test drove did seem to downshift without feeling a thing.

NO DSG FARTS!

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
My DSG feels like a bad stick driver sometimes. Took a long time to get use to slow engagement off idle compared to a standard automatic.

After 2 years and after the UM DSG tune, I am used to it now. I don't miss the 6M at all in these cars.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
yeah thats my other assumption.. idk.

i will need someone who really knows the dsg to test it out and tell me that is normal haha

Jaber

Modero
When it's cold, DSG feels like shit. Doesn't matter how smooth you try to be from a stop, it will be rough. More so if you treat the gas pedal like an on/off switch, like in a traditional automatic.

Once it's fully warmed up, it's nice. If I'm in manual mode, I never downshift to 1st or drive in 1st. In that case, I'm in bumper to bumper traffic, I'll switch to D.

When I'm at a redlight and want to get a smooth start, I usually back off the brake pedal, just enough to where I feel the wheels wanting to turn. Otherwise if you get off the brake pedal right away and quickly go to gas pedal, you might get a delay and it will be a rough start.

Here's a good read about how DSG transmission works, think it helps to get rid of some of its quirks. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-DSG-Game-and-Win-DSG-Driving-Tips-and-Tricks

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
When it's cold, DSG feels like shit. Doesn't matter how smooth you try to be from a stop, it will be rough. More so if you treat the gas pedal like an on/off switch, like in a traditional automatic.

Once it's fully warmed up, it's nice. If I'm in manual mode, I never downshift to 1st or drive in 1st. In that case, I'm in bumper to bumper traffic, I'll switch to D.

When I'm at a redlight and want to get a smooth start, I usually back off the brake pedal, just enough to where I feel the wheels wanting to turn. Otherwise if you get off the brake pedal right away and quickly go to gas pedal, you might get a delay and it will be a rough start.

Here's a good read about how DSG transmission works, think it helps to get rid of some of its quirks. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-DSG-Game-and-Win-DSG-Driving-Tips-and-Tricks

MANual FTW! [emoji51]

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Jaber - thanks for the reply.

I do not shift down into 1st unless I have to but here is the thing -

If i just drive in D mode, it does downshift into 2nd and 1st usually if coming to a stop which makes stopping feel quite lurchy. Therefore I leave it in M mode, that way it just downshifts at the very bottom of the revrange and I dont feel it as much, kinda wish it would literally just go neutral.

It actually feels better cold than hot.

OH and I called VW - due to rebuilt title, no warranty :( which i kinda figured.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
you do have a stage 2 engine mount(I assume you have a trans mount too) So you will feel the gears and stuff, I have K04 with APR tune, and my DSG jerks sometimes too like when I want to move my car a few inches when I park with a little throttle. I can feel the dsg is not in gear, and takes few second to engage by that time my foot is already off the gas pedal...lol