GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how to remove security screws on ecu

Pinoymk6

Passed Driver's Ed
anyone have tips on how to remove the security screws that hold the metal bracket that keeps you from disconnecting the harness from the ecu itself. i want to send out my ecu but these security screws are killing me:fighting0030: die grinder?:iono:

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
Cut a slot for flathead screwdriver with a dremel.
That's how mine was done.

Pinoymk6

Passed Driver's Ed
perfect:thumbsup:

HatchFanatic06

Ready to race!

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Holy crap, my tuner didn't do that...I think he had a tool that takes the screws off. Part of the whole deal is keeping the tune as stealth as possible. Altering the screws would seem to make the modding a lot more obvious. There's got to be a better way...

OldDirty

Ready to race!
Holy crap, my tuner didn't do that...I think he had a tool that takes the screws off. Part of the whole deal is keeping the tune as stealth as possible. Altering the screws would seem to make the modding a lot more obvious. There's got to be a better way...

They replace them with OEM security screws to keep it stealth. You do have to slot them to get them off as far as I know.....when you install the security screws the top part of the screw twists off.

Pinoymk6

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks guys. did the slot with the dremel thing and got it out.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
They replace them with OEM security screws to keep it stealth. You do have to slot them to get them off as far as I know.....when you install the security screws the top part of the screw twists off.

This! I had to get an ecu replaced under warranty (after tune) and the dealership did it. No questions asked.

sgessler2011

Ready to race!

The tuner who did mine did slot the screws with a cut-off wheel. After the flash was complete the ECU was resealed and closed with factory security screws and the heads sheared off just like the ECU comes from the factory.
No chance a visible inspection will raise even an eyebrow.

DanSan

meerkat
The tuner who did mine did slot the screws with a cut-off wheel. After the flash was complete the ECU was resealed and closed with factory security screws and the heads sheared off just like the ECU comes from the factory.
No chance a visible inspection will raise even an eyebrow.

where did u get it done? elite motorsports?

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
where did u get it done? elite motorsports?

Yes. Kai did a fine job, he is very thorough. You will not be disappointed.
PM me if you want to check it out in person-the stage 1 acceleration.

DanSan

meerkat
Yes. Kai did a fine job, he is very thorough. You will not be disappointed.
PM me if you want to check it out in person-the stage 1 acceleration.

oh, I'm very familiar to the power of it. my mk5 was apr stage 2. i was just worried about the quality of work, especially on the 2012's u need to yank out the ECU ya know..