GOLFMKV

Meth Question

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion

:cool:

I think someone from the mk5 forum did this. Curious about the result

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
That looks like a water/meth version of a direct injection nitrous setup.

Nice!!!!

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
I'd like to know the nozzle size used for the one-nozzle-per-cylinder setup?

What happens if one clogs up? Maybe an inline filter for each line?

dbduke1

Ready to race!
I'd like to know the nozzle size used for the one-nozzle-per-cylinder setup?

What happens if one clogs up? Maybe an inline filter for each line?

I think people generally run 0.5 to 1 GPH nozzles for direct port meth.

If a line clogs its usually not too big of a deal, that one cylinder will just get a lot of timing pull. You'd have to be running very aggressive timing before you'd actually see misfires.

Clogged lines are generally detected by putting a flow meter in the line. But to detect a clog on a line with multiple nozzles, you'd need a separate flow meter for each nozzle...

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Any idea as to what size nozzle to use on the throttle body pipe if it's on a Ko4 engine? The nozzle I currently have is likely too big, I've had it looked at by different techs and they said there are no markings on my nozzle to determine the size.

I think I'm spraying too much which is putting out the flame in the cylinders and excess meth is siphoning into the engine on start up causing 1-2 minutes of white smoke and missfire until it clears... otoh no issues at all if I don't use my setup.

I want to use my W/M but there are no shops here in Socal familiar with the setup, familiar with tuning it, and familiar with diagnosing issues...

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Did you notice anything worthwhile (other than visual badassery) from doing this?

I'd even mentioned this very thing when I was installing the DO kit, that (like nitrous) it'd be badass to do a direct port injection set-up.