GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurojet Intercooler vs. S3 intercooler

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Where can we purchase a revised Eurojet TSI IC? I bought...then sold an S3 IC a few months ago and I have been waiting for hell to freeze over so demons could come to earth to force the price of the APR IC to drop. Eurojet seems like the intermediary and a reasonable amount of money to spend for an IC.

GL @ OP:
Do it yourself, but every 5 minutes consider that you don't want some shitty technician who gets off to over-torquing bolts doing a shitty job on your car. That will be great encouragement for you. Be patient and take your time doing it all. It'll be worth it!

Kevmaughan

Passed Driver's Ed
So I asked a very reputable place on install and was quoted 4hrs labor. Is it that difficult to install an IC?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm pretty sold on this being one of the best IC's you can buy for the K04, if not THE best. I say that based on design, price, and size consideration. It is possible to have an IC be "too big", and I sometimes worry about that with the APR.

dallasjetfan

Ready to race!
i wish i didn't have to take apart the front end to change out my stock intercooler, but i'd rather change that rather than toss another intercooler in the front, which would be easier.

IDK WHAT TO DOOOOOOO lol. From what i've been hearing shops would charge an average of four hours of labor, or i could attempt it myself. I imagine i can do this myself if i had a whole day, but i'm the easily frustrated type lol. Swapping my headlights pissed me off.

This is why I have decided to live with the heat soak for almost half of the year. I know I won't keep this car for more than 2 years so I want mods that I can basically take off and sell later except my Stage 1 tune goes with the car.

crew219

Banned
I'm pretty sold on this being one of the best IC's you can buy for the K04, if not THE best. I say that based on design, price, and size consideration. It is possible to have an IC be "too big", and I sometimes worry about that with the APR.

Is it physically large? Yes.

In terms of internal volume? Not really.

When looking at intercoolers, you have to pay attention to the amount of rows, internal fin structure and the size of the endtanks. Those determine the overall volume that needs to be pressurized. While the entire assembly may be huge, the amount of rows are decreased, internal fin structure is much more dense, and the endtanks are optimized for good flow = very efficient intercooler, not much increase in volume to pressurize so you get good spool.

Dave