GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Eonon Android GA5153 VW Car DVD Player Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

16volt

Passed Driver's Ed
PowerAmp, hands down. Using the XposedMTC, My steering wheel controls work awesome! Vol Up/Down, Mute pauses the track, Up/Down arrow changes tracks accordingly. Well worth the $.

I installed PowerAmp, and installed XposedMTC 13, but I can't seem to get my buttons to work at all even the ones on the stereo don't work.

What version of XposedMTC did you use, did you have to use a special setting?

Beerhunter2

Did you buy the camera with yours? with mine all I had to do was plug the camera into the Camera AV in (yellow) and it worked automatically. It automatically switches to rear view camera when I put it in reverse. I did not use that other connection piece included with the stereo.

Do you have a 6 speed or auto? I have a 6 speed and would like to know if I have to have an extra hookup

Palinkat

Does anyone know if it's possible to permanently output video to rear headrest screens.
It works fine when using the DVD or Video player apps but I'd like to have it all the times, kids like to see what's playing on the HU :).
On the GM5153, this was a feature.

Thanks

Golf_Tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Why buy from Hong Kong as u might need to pay VAT,importing tax and handling charge

i kept asking eonon if they had group discount for UK members and they said no and gave me the link to the main website, where the price for the 5153 is £80 less. I shall find out soon how much i will have to pay customs, etc. hopefully no more than the uk website which has this unit for £315.

blackb6wags

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed PowerAmp, and installed XposedMTC 13, but I can't seem to get my buttons to work at all even the ones on the stereo don't work.

What version of XposedMTC did you use, did you have to use a special setting?

No, I didn't have to do anything special. Is your head unit rooted? Do you have the latest XPosed Framework installed and the XposedMTC module activated?
When the module is activated and you launch the application, it will let you remap button presses to whatever function you want. Out of the box it just worked for me in PowerAmp, I didn't do any customization or setup.

cndnmax

Just installed this unit.

DVDs do not play: I was able to get a "Custom" dvd to play, im assuming its a Region code issues with DVDs

backup cam keeps giving my a No Signal error when the engine is running. Looks like engine noise filter will fix this, ORdered

How do i get the Software updates?

Edited

Last edited:

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Just installed this unit, not very impressed.

DVDs do not play and the backup cam keeps giving my a No Signal error when the engine is running. How do i get the Software updates?

mine just goes to the camera 'no signal' screen only while im in reverse.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
i just installed it and i have a few issues to work out but OMG this stereo sounds amazing. much better sound than oem. wow.:)

1. how do i get the dvd's to play
  2. how do i get the gps to work without wifi? and how do i get the gps card?
  3. i need to get the antenna adapter but thats no big deal though
  4. the ipod interface will take some getting used to
  5. it has a calculator!!:D
  6. it could almost pass as an aftermarket stereo but the vw logo on startup will makes it look oem. nice touch.

cndnmax

i just installed it and i have a few issues to work out but OMG this stereo sounds amazing. much better sound than oem. wow.:)

1. how do i get the dvd's to play
  2. how do i get the gps to work without wifi? and how do i get the gps card?
  3. i need to get the antenna adapter but thats no big deal though
  4. the ipod interface will take some getting used to
  5. it has a calculator!!:D
  6. it could almost pass as an aftermarket stereo but the vw logo on startup will makes it look oem. nice touch.
1: Looks like a Region Code issues- i did not see an option to change the Region Code...
2: You will need to get on of the Offline GPS apps from the App store, the GPS card is just a micro SD card that you save the app to.
6: you can customize the Icon in Factory Setting(126), i accidentally changed it to a Volvo logo.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Looks like the GB price of $339 has gone back up to $379. I'm still interested but haven't seen any videos of this H/U in action to fully convince me to buy one. Anyone with it installed care to upload some vids??

Status
Not open for further replies.