GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic VS United Motorsports Tune

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Cool yea I am occasionally up that way so I will let you know.

I had my car in the APTuning tent on loan basically for Waterfest and in return got a nice discount on the tune. I think CB Tuning in Allentown does UM software, and UM also does a loaner tool program where they ship you the tablet with the flashing tool.

On a side note, my Rev D Diverter was not holding the new boost. I swapped my CTS BOV back in yesterday and it is rock solid. Holds boost the best of any of the devices I have used so far. See my thread about it from a few months ago. I see no I'll effects or anything weird running it either on the Uni file or this UM file.

I have a great win/loss ratio, not trying to mess that up haha. I live off the Willow Grove turnpike exit. If you're ever passing through shoot me a message i'd be down to meet up.

I'm pretty stoked on your feedback. Now if only I can convince myself to put the money out for the tune. Who flashed the car for you?

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Got UM tuned today and couldn't be happier. For comparison sake, I ran 5 gallons of 100 octane yesterday with the Uni tune, burned through it all the filled with 93 today and flashed to UM. UM 93 tune is far faster than Uni on 100 octane. So thrilled so far other than blowing an intercooler pipe off on the way home.
Thanks again for your recommendation!

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Congrats. Definitely a nice tune. I would love to run some 100 octane and see how it is on the UM file. Never got to run 100 on the uni file i had.

Got UM tuned today and couldn't be happier. For comparison sake, I ran 5 gallons of 100 octane yesterday with the Uni tune, burned through it all the filled with 93 today and flashed to UM. UM 93 tune is far faster than Uni on 100 octane. So thrilled so far other than blowing an intercooler pipe off on the way home.
Thanks again for your recommendation!

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Butt dyno said 10-15whp gain with 100. power comes on quicker and hits hard. definitely fun but expensive for the few hours you make it last. I have yet to try UM launch control. I have off today so maybe I'll find some back rounds to play with.